Book 2: Divided and Return

(Y/n POV)

You open your eyes again and you're standing back in the snowy forest. Everyone was looking down at Ozpin, who was still controlling Oscar's body. You look towards Neo, who was still shocked by the news, then towards Qrow, who looked ready to punch someone.

Yang: Salem can't be killed. You all heard her too, right?

Oscar-Ozpin: I-

Yang: How could you think to keep this from us?!

Ruby: Professor, what is your plan to defeat Salem?

Oscar-Ozpin: I... don't have one.

Qrow: *breaths heavily*

Y/n: Qrow, whatever you're thinking of doing... Don't.

Qrow: *runs up to Oscar and punches him* No one wanted me. I was cursed , until you came and gave me a place in this world. I thought I was doing some good. But meeting you, was the worst luck of my life! *walks towards him*

Y/n: *holds Qrow back* Qrow, control yourself!

Oscar-Ozpin: Maybe you're right.

Oscar: *gasp*

Ruby: What happened?

Oscar: He's... gone.

Yang: That little-! Tell him we're not done!

Oscar: No, he's gone. I can't sense him anymore. It's like he's trapped himself inside my head. Our head? Ugh.

Weiss: He just left us?

Blake: What do we do now?

Y/n: Hey! Let's all just calm down!

Yang: Oh, you're one to talk! You and your little friend over there are part of the reason why we're in this mess! You helped destroy Beacon! You and... Her!

Y/n: You can badger me all you want with your accusations. But leave Neo out of this!!

Yang: Oh, yeah? Well how about I-

Maria: Enough! We need to move now and you're all just spewing negativity! There's a trail ahead and trails usually lead to somewhere.

Yang: Lady, I don't know who you think you are but-

Maria: No buts! I understand why you're all upset and confused. But we need to move now or we die, and I'll be damned if I die out here in the cold! Let's go!

Everyone breaks up and starts gathering what was left in the wreckage. You pick up your gear from the snow and pick up Neo's umbrella and hand it to her. She changes her look back to her original pink jacket and clothes.

Neo: What do we do now?

Y/n: Don't worry now. we'll think of something.

Neo: I know this is probably not the best time, but could you-?

Y/n: *picks Neo up bridal-style* carry you?

Neo: Well, I meant find something to carry me because I'm kind of tired. But, this works too.

Y/n: Let's go.

Meeting Room (3rd POV)

Salem: I want you to explain to me,... how it is you failed so spectacularly.

Hazel, Emerald, and Mercury were kneeling at the opposite end of the table from Salem. Watts and Tyrian were seated across from it while Berserker's Predators were positioned as guards, not that they were needed. Berserker himself stood at Watts side, between him and Salem.