Book 2: Lost and Divided

Relic Vault Under Haven Academy (3rd POV)

Berserker jumped down from the tree and onto the floor. He looked up at the open vault in confusion and at the empty stage from where the Relic once stood. He suddenly tenses up and throws a smart disc at the sound of something near the tree. When he catches the smart disc he drops it as he grips his hand from the sudden searing hear from the disc.

Berserker: Cinder!!

Cinder: *walks from behind tree* Oh, hello there.

Berserker: So, this is where you've been laying low. Interesting.

Cinder: What are you doing here?

Berserker: Salem wants me to check on you and claim something from Atlas. I was told that Watts and Tyrian are heading to Shade Academy.

Cinder: And what are you really after?

Berserker: That obvious, huh? Well, I heard that my old enemy, Y/n, was going to Atlas. I'll complete my benefactor's mission, but I plan to slit his throat first. I had myself upgraded just for the occasion.

Cinder: I can see that. Well, how about a little team-up? I plan on claiming something as well when I reach Atlas. Help me and I will help you. What do you say?

Berserker: I could kill you in a heartbeat. You know that, yes?

Cinder: You could try. As you might've already realized, I don't go down easily.

Berserker: Heh. Well, I like those with a fighting spirit. Very well, then. *holds out hand*

Cinder: Perfect. *shakes hand*

Somewhere Near Argus (Y/n POV)

Maria: I was the Grim Reaper. But after I lost my eyes, I went into hiding. I became afraid that those that took my eyes, would come back to finish the job.

Qrow: Lots of us thought you were just laying low. Eventually, we just accepted that you were dead. But the stories about you. I based my weapon after yours. I wanted to be just like the Grim Reaper.

Maria: Well, if you're this bad at being a Huntsman, then I'd say you're well on your way. A Huntsman's job is to protect the people and I simply ran away and protected myself. You shouldn't be aspiring to be someone like me, especially if you're already strong enough on your own. It's comforting, seeing that your generation seems up to the task of inheriting this world. I just wish we did more to leave it in better shape.

Ruby: Well, maybe you can. Teach me how to use my silver eyes.

Maria: Hmm.

*ding*

Ruby: *looks at phone* Jaune?

Jaune-over the phone: Ruby!? Oh, thank goodness! I've been checking my phone for your signal ever since we got to the city!

Ruby: The city?

You all look up as you suddenly see the snow begin to clear up on the horizon. As they make it up the hill, they see the city of Argus below.

 As they make it up the hill, they see the city of Argus below