Book 2: Giant Mechs and Old Enemies

Argus Atlesian Military Base (3rd POV)

Weiss walked over to the airship with one bag strolling behind her. Cordovin was escorting her to the airship along with two of her bodyguards, saying how she was so glad that Weiss was returning to Atlas and how devestated they were when she went to Beacon academy.

Weiss: It was time to get my act together and go back to my roots.

Cordovin: I can't wait for you to follow in your sister's footsteps.

Weiss: Absolutely.

Cordovin: I'm sending my best guards to personally escort you home. Make sure Ironwood hears that part. *winks*

As she walks away, the guards attempt to carry her bag when Saphron's baby starts crying "dramatically", causing them to turn away and for Weiss to quickly run onboard. The bag started to move as Maria grumbled inside, until an invisible foot kicked the bag. Meanwhile, beyond them, Ruby, Jaune, Nora, Ren, Y/n, Neo, and Qrow were standing nearby, far enough so no one could see them when they get picked up. Elswhere, Yang, Blake, and Roman were driving towards the radar tower. Well, Yang and Blake were in the car while Roman was using his cane's grapple hook to get pulled by them from behind. When they finally stopped, Roman dusted off theflora he got hit by, as well as a nest in his hat.

Roman: When we go back...*pant* I wanna ride in the bike.

Blake: Quit complaining, you. Let's go.

Yang: You sure I shouldn't come along?

Roman: Two's perfect and three's a crowd. Besides I'm not sure if stealth's your-

Blake: He means you're great!! And we'll hurry back.

Yang: Heh. Go on you two.

 While Blake and Roman were busy with the radar tower, the airship Weiss was on took off. A couple of minutes after they took off from the airfield, Shade decloaks next to Weiss and signals for her to be silent. He sneaks up on the guards and knocks them out, tying them up to a single parachute while kicking them out of the airship. Maria climbs out of the bag and pushes Shade out of the way to get to the cockpit.

Shade: I thought your eyes were in desperate need of repair?

Maria grabs a sensory array chip from the cockpit and plugs it into her eyes, providing her with the vision to see while she piloted the ship.

Maria: You were saying?

Weiss: That your eyes were in desperate need of re-

Maria: Ah.

Shade: But-

Maria: Ah. *holds up finger to silence Shade*

Weiss and Shade buckle down as soon as Maria grabs the controls and turns the ship around. With them returning to Argus, all that was left now was for Roman and Blake take out the radar tower.

Ruby: All right guys, this is it. Blake you're up.

*silence*

Ruby: Blake? *calls Yang* Yang, what's going on?

Yang-over phone: I'm not sure.

Y/n: Well this is just great. Please tell me we have a back up plan?

Neo: We can fight our way out? Oh, don't give me those looks guys! It's what we did when you all gave us no more room to run!

(Shade POV)

I jump as soon as the comms turn on and someone from Argus base responds, questioning our sudden return back to base. Weiss starts panicking while I prepare to arm my plasma caster until Maria signals for us to be quiet.