Chapter 3 - Relief

Axel woke up in the middle of the night to quickly notice that Sarah was up to. He stroked Sarah's soft, long hair.

"I'm glad you're ok." Axel whispered.

"I'm glad you're ok too, but... Carla. She was my best friend." Sarah sobbed.

"I miss her too. I also miss Chris and Chadwick too." Axel felt tears coming too. Axel got up alongside Sarah. She immediately hugged him.

"At least I have you and Luke." Sarah said. She kissed Axel quickly. Axel and Sarah both layed back again. Axel held Sarah's hand and closed his eyes.

Unlike Axel and Sarah, Luke couldn't sleep at all. He had nobody to comfort him. His best friends, Carla and Chadwick are gone, and his brother is too. Luke sniffled. He grabbed a fistful of his hair, wishing none of this happened. He was too stressed out. He needed relief.

Luke stared at photos on his phone. He stared at his Instagram feed, looking at old pictures of him and Christopher. Then there was a picture of everyone. Jessica too. Luke broke down, he tossed his phone on the table, and covered his face with a pillow, hoping he'd pass put of exhaustion. Luke got up, placing the pillow down. The stress was getting to him. He was overthinking everything, letting everything get to him. He got off the couch and went into the kitchen, he grabbed a can of beer that he took from his dad a few days before. He opened it and took a huge gulp of it. After Luke finished it, he crushed the can, going to the kitchen for another. He finished that, got another, finished that, got another, and then he finished one more. Luke was definitely drunk from that. He dropped the can on the ground. He plopped himself back onto the couch and almost instantly fell asleep.

**********

It was 7:00 AM. Axel's usual time to wake up. He hopped out of bed and went to take a shower. After that, he brushed his teeth and headed downstairs. He slowed down as he headed into the living room. Luke was asleep on the couch, dark circles under his eyes, and messy hair. Axel noticed the four crushed up beer cans next to the couch. Jeez. Axel thought, going to the kitchen. Axel grabbed a box of pop tarts and tossed on into a toaster oven. He set the darkness and pressed start. Axel looked over at Luke. Axel couldn't imagine how Luke felt. Losing his best friends he's been with most of his life. Axel stopped thinking about it, he didn't want to be put in a bad mood. He just wanted to forget about yesterday. The poptart finished. Axel grabbed it and quickly put it on a plate without burning his hand. He placed it on the dinner table and just sat there. After a little bit, he started eating his poptart. He remembered how Carla loved poptarts. They both would've been enjoying poptarts if they hadn't gone to that pizzeria. Axel immediately stopped thinking of that damn place.

Sarah woke up. She checked the clock. 7:48 AM. She already noticed that Axel was up. She looked through her closet for something to wear. She took it with her into the bathroom. She placed it on the sink counter and hopped into the shower. A few minutes later, she dries off, put on her clothes, brushed her teeth, and headed downstairs. She noticed Axel sitting on the couch, next to Luke's unconscious body.

"What happened to him?" Sarah asked.

"He had too much beer. He's gonna be throwing up like crazy." Axel replied. "That besides the point, I need to ask you something."

"Yea?"

"I don't think we should keep this secret between us and Luke. We need to tell someone we can trust. Do you know anyone that trust worthy who would actually believe us."

"That we could trust? Like someone who wouldn't tell the whole world? Because if this secret gets out there, somebody's gonna go there and get killed. And then somebody else will. It's going to be a chain of deaths."

"Exactly. You know anyone we could tell? Besides our parents, because I'm not telling mine about this and you shouldn't tell your's either."

"I know somebody who might actually believe us."