Chapter 18 - You Don't Know How It Feels

This place. Out here, it's all nothing but idiotic humans all walking around, minding their business, everytime one sees me, they get scared and run away. They call me the wire man. Why? Why!? That is not my name. My name is Ennard! I'm not the wire man. Who is the wire man. I need to get out of here. I'm afraid. I'm scared. Stupid humans. I want to get rid of this pain. I need more garbage. Where are the trash bins? I need to grow, I need more metal- wait a minute. Why do the humans run? What's so scary about me? Am I scary? Ennard thought, huddled into a ball, in a dark alleyway. A black cat caught Ennard's attention. He looked up as the cat walked closer. He reached out at stroked the cat's cold, soft fur.

"You aren't afraid." Ennard said.

The cat climbed into a box, curled up, and decided to take a nap. Everything was silent, the only noise came from the weak breeze in the wind. Ennard got up from his position, almost stumbling over. He looked around. He didn't see any humans in the area. He hobbled out of the alleyway and went searching for a new spot to live temporarily, hopefully filled with scrap metal. He placed his hand over the side of his chest to stop a few wires from falling out. He wished he could go back to that school he found. The kitchen in the cafeteria had metal everywhere. Maybe there were other places in the area filled with metal. Ennard walked for about ten minutes. He stopped at a decently sized alleyway. He was able to see that school behind some of the trees. He headed into the alley and went to look through the first dumpster. What caught his eye was a broken wrench and a big black piece of cloth. He set the wrench down and pulled the cloth out of the dumpster. The black cloth was actually a nice cloak.

Why would anyone throw this out? Ennard thought. He struggled to get it on without any jagged wires ripping it. Ennard thought maybe he might look like a human if someone looked at him far away, and in the dark. He flipped the cloak's hood over his head. He then walked over to the other dumpster. Once he opened it, he closed it almost instantly, he didn't want to stain his wires going through that mountain of old, half eaten pizza being attacked by flies and ants. Ennard exited the alleyway and started walking along the sidewalk, hunched over. He starting walking a little bit faster when he heard whispering behind him, shortly after, a car pulled up next to him. Ennard started walking even faster. Whoever was in the car got out.

"Hey, you, stop for a sec." One of the people said.

Ennard hesitantly stopped.

"Turn around."

Ennard slowly turned around. He saw two adults. Sarah and Axel. Behind them were three children. Oswald, Tyler, and Gabrielle. He remembered seeing the three when he broke into the school. He remembered how when he looked into the cafeteria from the dark kitchen, Oswald looked back.

"You're the wire man, right?" Sarah asked walking closer to Ennard.

Ennard put his hands on his head.

"That isn't my name!" Ennard yelled.

Sarah stopped walking towards Ennard, frightened. She soon continued to get closer.

"Ok, then. What is your name?"

"E-ennard."

"Ok, Ennard. You can't be here. People will freak out or even worse could happen."

It started to rain. Ennard looked up, startled.

"Liquid? From the sky?" Ennard asked.

"Ennard hurry to the back alley. You might short circuit out here!" Sarah said.

The group got Ennard to the alley, quickly.

"What does short circuit mean? Is it bad?" Ennard asked.

"For you, definitely." Tyler chimed in, then continued whispering to his friends.

"To you, Ennard, it means almost certain death." Sarah replied.

I bet liquid fall from the sky a lot. Ennard thought.

Ennard stumbled back and plopped down next to a dumpster.

"Ennard. Come with us." Sarah said.

"Why?"

"We need to keep you at-"

"You're going to lock me up somewhere?"

Sarah didn't want to say yes even though it was the only truthful answer. She walked up to Ennard. They needed to hurry this up. The rain was getting heavier outside of the alley and thunder was getting louder and louder. Sarah looked down at Ennard. Ennard stood up, towering over Sarah. Sarah had to think of something. She quickly hugged Ennard.

"What are you doing?" Ennard asked.

"It's called a hug." Sarah replied.

"Oh. Well then, I like hugs."

Ennard didn't know Sarah was feeling Ennard's back for some type of switch. Sarah found something jutting out of Ennard's neck. She pulled it down and Ennard's one functioning eye flickered very quickly and went dim. Ennard slumped over Sarah.

"I got him." Sarah said.

Sarah and Axel quickly got Ennard into the trunk of the car while Tyler and his friends ran over to Oswald's dad's car which wasn't too far from where they were.

Sarah and Axel drove for awhile now until they arrived at Circus Baby's Rentals.

"It looks like William and Elizabeth are gonna have a new friend!" Sarah yelled over the loud rain and thunder.

The two carried Ennard inside the building and brought him into the elevator, carefully. They got Ennard into Henry's workshop and placed him carefully against the wall. They heard Springtrap and Elizabeth talking about something but they couldn't stay to chat. They needed to get out of there before the storm gets worse. Hopefully the storm wasn't a hurricane. The town has experienced a few bad storms over the recent years. The worst being a category 3 hurricane. Sarah and Axel got back to the elevator. Once they got back onto the first floor, they bolted out the door and to the car. Axel started it up as quick as possible. The wind was super strong and the rain was coming down harder. Axel nervously drove back to the house. He could barely make anything out in the thick, gray fog. Axel stomped on the brakes as hard as he could as he made out a humanoid silhouette in the fog. The silhouette just stood there, unresponsive. Suddenly, it started to limp towards the car. Axel and Sarah were able to see the person more clearly now. They wore a small top hat, and the most important part, they weren't a person. The silhouette was the Freddy animatronic from the abandoned pizza. At least they knew they were close to home. The Freddy animatronic trudged closer to the car.

"Fuck it." Axel whispered.

He sent the car into full speed, turning Freddy into a speed bump. The sound of all the rain drops constantly hitting the roof of the car pissed him off. He kept driving through the fog, hoping to see the edge of the road. Something emerged from the fog. A tree. Axel's eyes widened as he tried turning the car. The tires slipped a little and it wasn't enough to get away from the tree. Axel spun out and the left side of the car collided with the tree, breaking the window. Axel jolted and hit his head on the tree trunk. He heard ringing in his ear as his vision blurred. All he saw was the abandoned pizzeria peeking through the fog. He noticed another silhouette walk into the pizzeria. It walked too smoothly to be on of the Freddy Fazbear animatronics but it walked too stiffly to be a person. Suddenly, darkness.

"Axel!" Sarah called, trying to wake up her boyfriend.

Sarah didn't know what to do. The car was no help and Axel was passed out. Sarah grabbed her phone out of her pocket. It was dead. Sarah grunted as she shoved it back into her pocket. She tried her hardest to pull Axel out of the car. She didn't know if she'd be able to carry him back to the house. She carefully laid him next to the ruined car, using her hand as a cushion for his head.

"Please wake up." Sarah said.

She looked around, hoping to find someone to help Axel. Sarah struggled to get Axel back in the car. She placed him in the back seat. Sarah sat in the front, helplessly. Walking home in the giant storm would be a death wish, especially with those anomatronics nearby. All the two of them could do is wait.