1|Spark|1

|Zak|
It was another frigid winter day. No snowfall, yet it was hella cold. Especially when your out, alone in the streets.
Now, I wouldn't call myself homeless per say... but I don't exactly own a house. I like to think a home and a house are different things, you see.
A house is a residential building, people live in it.
But a home is where your heart takes you, where your heart feels safe.

Being a seventeen year old on the run, doesn't exactly sound safe. But I do have a home, home is wherever I am. My heart feels safe around myself, around others... questionable.

For the past year I've been running. I've been running from the stupid lunatics who think they're so 'high and mighty', some call them the Authorities, people who basically have control over everybody, but lunatic fits much better in my opinion.
While on the run I've had many encounters, some who I thought were my friends. Turns out they were backstabbing lunatics, trying to 'contain' me. My heart is very protected, no longer will I freely open it up for friendship, It'll stay locked forever.

Loneliness is quite... boring. Not that I can do a thing about it. I can't just walk up to somebody and go, "Hey, wanna hang out?" They'll eventually find my 'gift', especially if a race is involved.

Some people categorise the abilities people like me have. So I guess you could say I'm in the offensive one. I like to think it's nothing special but if I'm being honest, my power is so cool. Sounds cocky and all, but I honestly prefer my power over the ones I've heard of...
I'm pretty fast. Lightning fast if you will, one of my 'gifts' I guess. It makes it pretty easy to escape sticky situations. But my favourite part of my powers is my 'ElEmEnTaL' ability. I can conjure up lightning, blue lightning. I've created a few little tricks with it... I can make energy balls, sparks... you know, stuff like that. (and yes if he had a phone he could charge it, priorities) 
At least something works out for me in this world.

I used to live in LA... I mean I still do but it's not the same. Everywhere is like a ghost town. You get occasional people here and there, though I mainly try to avoid any human interaction. Can't trust anybody anymore, too much of a risk.

I don't know how things can change in a matter of years or even months. Just last year I skipped testing day because I was sick. Right after that I never returned home and to school. Last year LA was blooming with life, people everywhere... but the Authorities have gone on a mad power surge, anybody with or even related to somebody with powers are gone.

I've seen many items of people I once knew... It's extremely scary. Most are strangers, powerless strangers. I don't quite- know... where they take the powered people but what I do know is that anybody related disappears. Most people are in hiding, that or troops undercover, searching for people like myself.  I hate this world. As much as I hate to admit it, I'm terrified... I don't want to disappear.

I have to be quiet. I peer around the corner to see a mart, inside lies my saviour. My stomach growls. Food is something I haven't touched in weeks, well I have had a few meals but they were only a few loaves of bread, an apple and a cookie. And that was all I had for a month.
As I look closer at the mart, planning my robbery I notice a 'sus' guy standing out the front. Being the type of person I am, I ignore it and start to walk towards the entrance.
But while walking I catch the man's eye. The stare was too familiar and I figured out why immediately.
It was my ex friend.
Not going into detail but he basically was my friend, but it was all a ploy to capture me and take me away. So that means I'm screwed, didn't really need food anyway.

But the lunatic noticed me, how fun.
"You! Stop right there!"

Despite knowing who he was, I still can't help but flinch. But he's a dumb lunatic, so I don't even care anymore. I roll my eyes and scowl. Can't he ever let me go?! I step back and begin to start running away from the mart.
I was trying to actually find something to eat, and I know I may be able to get away with something with my speed and all, but with that lunatic there It'd make my escape harder. There's always more where there is one, my hopes of escaping would be slim, just for a bite to eat... it's not worth it.