6|Longing|6

Ty for all the rlly sweet comments! I WANNA WRITE THE WHOLE STORY BUT AHH

|Darryl|

It's like carrying a dead weight. 

I'm so tired. Been walking for twelve hours straight, and Zak's condition has only worsened. His body is extremely hot, writhing with fever. And what scares me most is the fact he barely moves. Since he passed out I've only seen the shallow breath his body self consciously breathes in.

Truth be told, I'm terrified. 

But Zak's wound is much worse. A week has already passed since the incident. 

It's no lie I've been lonely most of my life. Even when I lived with my parents I was still a loner. At the house I was ignored and at high school... picked on. Even when I has Rat, I felt alone still. While a pet numbed the feeling the void of loneliness is hard to fill with a language barrier. Human company is overall more enjoyable.

But even then, if I was in the same situation as I am now with anybody else I doubt my concern would be as panicked as it was now. I'm usually a calm person, excluding temper snaps, but Zak's changed that. There's something about him that fills an unknown part in my heart, I feel like I must protect him. It confuses me, I've never really has a friend per say, but surely friend's don't look out for each other in such a way?

I've never really felt like somebody needed me...

Zak's quite the person. His charisma and his humour in dark situations is astounding. I never would have thought that kind of person was in that rude guy.

|Darryl| (Takes place when Darryl first met Skep)

When I first found him I was astounded. Never have I found another human not set on killing me. After remembering my past I couldn't leave him there. I spoke to him cautiously at first, calling out.

"Hello?"

With no repose I walked into the cupboard to see a small boy collapsed in a heap of barrels. I clapped, tapped him to see if he was awake, and when I found him unconscious I 'searched him'. I made sure he had no injuries to see how he had fainted. I figured it was hunger or fatigue based on little wounds. I sat him up and tipped water into his mouth. With little medical knowledge I decided to await his awakening to give him nourishment. I had set up a little camp behind some crate with my supplies and I stayed in that place for three days before...

I was just drinking some water when I heard a crash from below me. (I was sitting on the staircase). I entered the room and stared at the situation before my eyes. I see a small boy fallen in a mass of crates yet again, only he stares back this time. He still looks weak and I narrow my eyes in a concerned manor.

"You're awake." I say in shock, unsure of his repose. I felt sympathy for him, I've been in hunger before and seeing a young boy like that made me remember my past. The boys looks very confused, yet hostile. I do wonder why? The boy looks away and stares at his hand.

I watch as he looks me over, seeming to study my looks. Feeling slightly uncomfortable I attempt to spark conversation again. "Y-you were sleeping for like... uh... t-three days?" I can't help but chuckle nervously at the end, I don't know this guy and he doesn't seem to be the nicest...

A confused expression went across the boys face. But it soon turns to a look of disgust as he drags himself into the mass of crates. So he's just a moody teen. Though noting his rudeness I attempt to light more conversation, with the loss of my dog the previous year, I've felt quite lonely, any chance of finding a way out of it I will take. "I-I'm Darryl by the way." I don't know why I stutter, I guess all over times I've spoken to somebody they left me in the dust. I guess I'm just hoping for a friend.