7|Heal|7

IDK HOW THE HELL THIS BOOK IS ON 500 VIEWS ALREADY AND I ALSO DON'T KNOW WHY SO MANY PPL R FOLLOWING ME SO THANK YOU GAAIN AGIAN AGAIN

(Also I'd like to know what character/ppl you wanna see in this story, I do have some in my drafts but I just wanna know who u guys wanna see :3)

|Darryl|
My legs feel like they might crumble beneath me, but alas I follow Clay into one of the rooms. The door is located to the left of the middle hall. When I enter, to my surprise I find a neat, clean hospital ward. Around ten beds in the one room. The shelves are tidy, books are organised and the beds are made with slightly stained white sheets. Clay opens a nearby white cupboard and searches through it. I gently place Zak on a bed, his limbs hang off the edge, so I push them carefully onto the plush surface. My heart seems to die a little at the sight of the poor boy limp on the bed.
Clay pushes a trolley of supplies towards Zak's bed and turns to face me with a placid expression.
"You can go sit on the other side of the room, I like to work in peace." he says calmly before searching through his supplies.
Despite sending me away I stay, reluctant to leave my friend in the care of a stranger.
Noticing my hesitance Clay speaks up again. "You're friend will be fine. My intent is to help people not kill them. Besides you need to rest, and Vincent's over there too is you want company." He then slides a mask on his face and looks closer at Zak's leg. It's clear to me that he expects me to leave now, like right now.
Realising I have no choice but to follow his orders I walk to the opposite of the room and sit on a bed. The young boy, Vincent turns his head as I sit on one of the neat beds.
He watches as I sit and the bed and just stares at me, I think, you can't tell with that mask on. We sit in an awkward silence for a while. It's kind of creepy the way he's staring at me.

He crosses his arms."Sorry for... overreacting before or whatever." He mumbles.
I look up at him in surprise, least was I expecting a 'hello', let alone an apology. "No, it's fine. I've dealt with ruder people." I reassure him. I remember meeting Zak again and smile. The French boy seems to lighten.

He purses his lips and taps his foot in the ground "So, Uh, what happened to your friend?" He asks, his grumpiness easing. Maybe this guy isn't so bad...
"He was tased in the leg... I think. Though I don't know the whole story..." Now that I think about it. Zak never really explained the whole story. I wonder if his powers had anything to do with it...

"Yikes, then I'm guessing it made him more prone to fever." He says in a monotone voice. Strange his expressions are so... bland. But how would he know about the fever?

"How did you-" I start, confused how he could guess the situation.
He shrugs. "Living with Clay means I never hear the end of, I nEeD tO lEaRn mOrE." I giggle at the strange words that came out of his mouth. I must admit he sounds funny pretty when mocking others. Vincent rolls his eyes. "Before you ask, yes I am French. And might I ask your name, so your not just dumb idiot?"
"Darryl." I say quickly. "And wait, hey!"
He laughs. I like the change in atmosphere. But then out of the blue he asks a hard question. "You have powers?" He says very casually.

I don't reply out of shock. Such a personal question, and so sudden. I think about my options. I see no harm in telling him, they are helping Zak after all... And they'll find out eventually. "Y-Yes I do. And you?"

"No." Vincent replies swiftly. Too quickly. I drop the subject to avoid issues.
My eyes look at his grey mask that cover his eyes, I wonder how he can see out of them. "Why do you have a mask on?"
He shrugs. "Personal reasons, and yes I can see out it." He fiddles around with his fingers. "How did you meet your friend?" He finally asks after a long minutes of thinking.

I chuckle, remembering Zak's prickliness. "He was kind of starving and I helped him." I say with a smile. Even as disappointing as his first rejection was its a nice memory to remember, even if it was last week.
Vincent shakes his head as though surprised. "Starving?" He echos, shock present in his voice.
"Y-Yeah?" I say confused why he would echo me.
He looks down. "I guess that makes two of us." He mumbles. I raise and eyebrow and wait in hope that he'll add on, but alas he doesn't. I can't help but yawn, tiredness taking over. "Oh, sorry. I forgot you carried your friend over hear. I-I'll let you rest." He says immediately leaving. That was abrupt.