2|Trust|2

|Zak|

I've left the building. I don't bother to look back, it holds no sentimental value anyway. Most of Darryl's abandoned items reside in the also abandoned backpack. Had to leave a few bottles of water, but they were empty anyway.

The items that were left behind were very strange items to leave behind, yeah, I can get if you forget your food and water but other things seem to valuable to leave. There's bandages, medication, first aid and even weapons! Hell, there's even a spare hoodie in here, I mean spare clothes are bloody rare to even get hold of and to just leave one behind is really dumb. I guess it's the idiots fault he left it. 

I do wonder though, what's the deal with Darryl? He leaves his stuff and seems to be alone... Usually people with items who are alone are on the run, but what would Darryl have to run from. The odds of him being gifted are slim but defiantly possible, but then why would he help me? It's every man and women for themselves. Whatever...

I quip past various streets, and if I'm being honest it's to get away from Darryl. I really hate the idea of some stranger knowing where I am, especially a dumb one like him, he could expose me and get me captured. Despite knowing I really shouldn't be displaying my powers in public, Ii run anyway, what's the worse that could happen?

While running I notice a few head turns, ignoring them I keep running. I feel bored, and I come to a halt. While being on the run is an adventure in it's own, it can get boring. I decide to gather more resources, it cold never hurt.

I find my way into a small part of town, seems safe enough. Many types of shops and mart cover the edges of the paths. The one that interests me in an innocent looking bakery. Haven't had anything that has a sugary taste in months, years it feels like. A small scroll, or muffin couldn't hurt...

The bakery is really pink, white stripes cover it though, making it look really cliche. Cute animals wave from the windows that bring a smile to my face. The place is surprisingly clean despite all that has happened throughout the past year. I chose to ignore it and step through the pink door.

As I enter a nice lady smiles at me, I smile back and cautiously walk around the store. From some bizarre reason a shiver runs down my spine. I feel paranoid, but nothing can be wrong. I turn towards the lady and she's still smiling at me. Creepy... I keep walking around the shop with the knowledge that I'm being watched. It DID seem way too easy to walk into the town, these days everybody is suspicious of everybody. Or at least those who are left... I glance at the lady again and she wears a serious expression, whispering into a speaker. Strange people.

A small bell rings and I glance to the pink door, some more people walk in, and strangely they are smiling too. They came right after the lady spoke into something...

Now that I think about it, an open store with more than two people in it is off. Majorly off. Why would the Authorities let a store run and be open if... And why would people suddenly come into the store smiling when the lady talking into something. What if... They captured and killed almost everybody, any normal citizen left is either hiding or working for the... I've gotta go.