Ch. 19

Cassie watched Sera amusedly as the two of them sat out on the grounds together. It was the weekend now and Sera had confided in Cassie earlier that day that she still wasn't entirely certain on just who her mate was. Cassie suggested then that they spend the afternoon out on the grounds near the carriage and Sera immediately jumped on that option. They had set up a few blankets just close enough to the Beauxbatons carriage that they could hear anyone that steps out from the door, but not so close that anyone would catch on to the fact that they were waiting for someone.

"Ser, you need to at least try to make it look like you are doing homework," Cassie laughed.

"Sorry, I'm just really nervous," Sera admitted as she crossed her legs beneath her and looked down at the book in her lap. "And there are so many Beauxbatons students out here."

"We have plenty of time to find her," Cassie said reassuringly. "Can you feel her emotions at all?"

"Somewhat." Sera shifted slightly and straightened her back with a groan. "She's happy about something."

"Well if you can feel the emotions then she has to be close," Cassie said, looking around at all of the students that were on the grounds.

It was a sunny day out and most of the students were enjoying the sunshine even though it was still fairly cold out. Cassie had set up a blanket for her and Sera to sit on and had a jar of blue flames between the two of them.

Sera sighed heavily then and put her head in her hand as she said, "Cass, I'm not even absolutely certain it's her. Or even a her for that matter."

"I thought you said you knew who it was?" Cassie asked in surprise.

Chewing on her lip, Sera shrugged slightly. "I thought I did, but now I'm not certain. It's just that I haven't confirmed it, you know?"

Cassie frowned at this and said, "We'll figure it out today, I promise."

"How can you be so sure we will?" Sera asked.

"Because I'm not going back inside until you are confident in who your mate is," Cassie said firmly. "I don't want you worrying yourself to death about this; you deserve to know who she is."

Sera didn't say anything in response as she glanced around the grounds again and they both fell quiet. Cassie returned to her book for a few minutes, jotting something down before closing the book and setting it aside.

"Did your mum tell you that they're releasing the book soon?" She asked quietly.

"Yeah," Sera nodded. "I'm nervous about it."

"Same here." Cassie stretched her legs out and leaned back on the palms of her hands. "And of course it's happening before a Transfiguration exam."

"Speaking of Transfiguration, you never told me why you were so angry Wednesday," Sera said with a raised eyebrow.

Cassie scoffed slightly before shaking her head. "Connor was being ridiculous, is all."

Sera rolled her eyes at this before saying, "You know he's probably going to figure out why you're not ever going to date him once this book comes out, right?"

"I don't see a downside to that," Cassie said lightly.

"What about the fact that you told him you couldn't date until after graduation, and the fact that it'll come out that you are a Veela?"

Cassie paused at this and then shook her head. "I'll burn that bridge when I get to it."

"Isn't it 'cross that bridge'?" Sera asked.