「Chapter thirty-six」

'What kind of ring would you like?'
Taehyung was looking at all the rings in the showcase. It had been a week after they went to Jimin's mother, and he was now finally deciding with which ring he would ask Jimin to marry him.

'Eh- I'm searching for a wedding ring.', Taehyung mumbled, his ears twitching a little.

'Really?!', the girl behind the counter smiled. 'Congratulations, sir. Would you like me to help you?' Taehyung sighed and nodded.

'Please.', Taehyung sighed. 'I-I'm not very good at this.' The girl chuckled.

'Everyone has this problem, sir.', the girl reassured him. 'Don't worry, we will find the perfect ring for you.' Taehyung smiled and bowed slightly to the girl.

They talked for a long time, the girl giving suggestions, but Taehyung turned them all down. He kept saying sorry to the girl every time he did so, but the girl kept smiling and said that it didn't mind.

'You are very determined to get the perfect ring, I see.', the girl chuckled, searching for another ring Taehyung might like.

'Yeah... I'm sorry.', Taehyung said, scratching the back of his head.

'That doesn't matter!', the girl said. 'I like to help people choosing wedding rings, it's not something you get every day, you know?', Taehyung chuckled slightly. 'How long have you been together with your boyfriend?', the girl asked.

'Ehm... almost three years now.', Taehyung mumbled, afraid to be judged. 'But we've known each other for almost our entire life.',

'That's adorable!', the girl squeaked. 'My girlfriend and I have been together for just over a year, but I hope to marry her one day. I think you know her actually.' The girl looked a little better at Taehyung. 'I think you do. Lisa is her name.'

'Of course, I know Lisa.', Taehyung scoffed. 'She is a friend of mine, although we don't talk as much as we used to. So, you should be Jennie then.' Jennie smiled.

'Indeed I am.', she said proudly. 'what do you think of this one?', she then asked, grabbing a ring and showing it to Taehyung. It was an unusual ring. It looked like it was a flower, the stones inside it glistering in the light.

 It looked like it was a flower, the stones inside it glistering in the light

Taehyung smiled widely.

'That one is perfect.', he mumbled. Jennie smiled. She grabbed a small velvet box and put the ring inside of it. After paying it, Jennie handed Taehyung the box and sighed. 

'Have fun.', she said with a smile. Taehyung chuckled and walked out of the store. 

-

It wasn't a long way home. Just a few minutes. Taehyung was smiling as he walked. He didn't know when he was going to ask Jimin, but he would find the perfect moment. When he walked through an alleyway to take a shortcut to his house, someone blocked the way. Taehyung stopped in his tracks, only to growl low in his throat.