The Debt

Kaycee's POV

"Ahem ahem..." I cleared my throat loudly at the receptionist. She didn't even look up. Bitch.

"Excuse mee....," I started loudly, hoping to get a reaction from her. I had been standing here for about 30 minutes now. I had coughed, sneezed, cleared my throat and even slapped the desk but she ignored me as if I was just a ghost.

Suddenly the entrance bells chimed as someone else entered the reception area. The girl looked up and her eyes travelled behind me to see who had entered. Upon seeing the person who had just walked in, she ran to that person with heart eyes, while I stood there gaping.

I turned back to see who had entered and soon enough it was 'The Sean Lew'. I rolled my eyes. The Greek God of our school. Cold, rude and 'mysterious' - their words, not mine - he was a sight for the sore eyes, according to them anyway. I admit he was hot and cute when he wasn't frowning or yelling at someone.

He has never noticed me even though I am in half of his classes. But no surprise there, since hardly anyone does. I am just a regular nerd, the school's favourite person to bully. Just for my way of dressing up as a 'boy' and my high grades. At least I have a future and just so you know, these shirts and pants and sneakers are comfortable. Can't say the same for your heels, skirts and tube tops.

I observe Sean walking in, engaged on his phone, probably messaging one of his zillion fangirls. The thought alone made me roll my eyes again. I wonder what he's doing in a summer camp. I had volunteered because I needed the money. Why did he? He's rolling in cash.

The receptionist, one of our school's popular girls, if you couldn't already tell by the way she behaved, was now talking to him as if she's hypnotized by him. I'm pretty sure someone will have to clean up the drool later on.

"Give me the keys to my room, that's it." He said with his mouth clenched. I could see him trying very hard to not rip her head off. At least he and I were on the same page about that.

"Of course, I will Sean. But would you like something to drink while I bring the keys?"

"No, I would not like that. Now. Give. Me. My. Keys."

Her eyes widened when she saw his teeth clenched and a laugh crept up my throat. I tried to stop it. Believe me I did. Too late.

I burst out laughing and both of them turned to look at me as if  they were seeing me for the first time.

The girl's face was red from embarrassment. At least at first. Then her eyes became furious as if it was my fault that she was rejected by 'The Greek God'.

"Hey grandma, what you laughing at? Why are you here, anyway?"

"I've been here for thirty minutes asking for my key. You wouldn't give it so I'm waiting."

She glared at me and proceeded to  ignore me some more. She turned to talk to Sean again when Sean raised an eyebrow at her.

"This is how you treat your customers?"

The girl's became red again and she looked like a walking tomato. She finally walked towards the desk and took out two keys from the drawers but only took one in her hand and gave it to Sean.

"Here's your key, sir. You're in room 25. You can call me anytime you need something." She said winking at him.

I gagged inside my head and went to the desk to take my key.

It was Room 24.

Are you kidding me? Beside the player? I don't wanna stay up listening to the sounds of making love.