The Gift

Kind of a continuation of Blue tings.

_

Kaycee would probably disagree to this statement but she looked ethereal right now.

Like a goddess.

According to Sean anyway.

She doesn't need heavy make-up or fancy dresses or basically any accessory to look beautiful.

She could take his breath away in just a simple oversized t-shirt and sweatpants while cutting vegetables.

Your family is still around, you fool, Sean scolded himself. Stop staring.

He casually walked to the front big window to switch off his drone. He was done filming for the day. Even though his hand was itching to take a shot of Kaycee while she was helping his family cook dinner.

No, no, that would be too obvious.

Sean shook his head. The fandom already knows he's whipped.

But what if I film everyone?

Goddammit I'm a genius.

Mentally patting himself on the shoulder for his genius idea, he retrieved his camera from his room and started recording as he walked into the kitchen.

For some reason, even though he walked around the kitchen table to record everyone, 7 minutes of his 9 minute recording only had Kaycee in the frame.

What the heck?

Even his camera likes Kaycee and her beauty. Shaking his head, he put down his laptop and figured he could go to help them too. Just cause it's his birthday doesn't mean he gets to slop around.

Pushing himself off the couch, he trudged into the kitchen.

Don't stare don't stare don't stare don't stare don't- 

Stare.

His family wasn't around in the kitchen anymore.

"Where is everyone?"

"They went to set the table."

"Dinner is ready?"

"Yeah, pretty much." Kaycee hadn't turned around but Sean's eyes were fixed on her.

"Then what are you doing?" She was still cutting vegetables.

"Oh, this is for the salad." Kaycee gave him a smug smile over her shoulder. "Since you seem to love salads these days."

Sean flushed. Well, two can play a game. She's not the only one who knows the other's secret.

"Sean? Can you tie my hair please? It's getting in the way."

Sean broke out of his trance and saw Kaycee wriggling to move her hair from her face with her forearms, rubbing them vigorously on her forehead.

A soft smile broke out on his face.

He quietly approached her and stopped right behind her. Gently grasping her wrist,  he tugged on the scrunchie on there. Pulling it out, he put it on his own wrist, as she went back to cutting the vegetables. Well, now an avocado.

As gently as possible he pulled her hair back, running his fingers through them to smoothen any knots and bumps, since he knew she complained of them often.