Neighbours

I officially suck at titles.

__________________________________________________

A smile crept up Kaycee's face as she secretly peeked at her neighbours.

"Come on! You can do it. Come on!"

"You're so close, Serris. Come on! Come on!"

The mentioned Serris was panting on their garden, laying on a mat, doing sit ups. Kaycee laughed silently at the comical expression on her face, crunching her face in pain and huffing out loudly.

She seemed to be on her way to break her previous record of 40 pushups.

Yes, Kaycee had spied on her that time too.

Sarah, her other sister, was kneeling beside her yelling and encouraging her and Sean, their younger brother, was sitting on the ground, slapping the earth as he counted loudly.

"40!  41!  42!  43!  44!......COMEEE ONNNNN  45!!!!"

"YASSSSSS!!"

The Lew siblings hugged the exhausted Serris laying flat on the ground and high-fived each other gleefully. Kaycee also clapped her hands for the siblings in joy, from the other side of the street, spectating them from her window, laughing happily.

Kaycee was not a creep. She knew that her actions spoke otherwise but she literally has nothing to do most of the time in her big empty house. On the other hand, the Lew's medium sized house on the opposite side of her house was always so full of life. They had something going on at all times. A small get together or a competition between the siblings or quiet family time and one time they even had a fake graduation ceremony for Serris and her boyfriend, Kyle.

All her childhood, she thought her life was normal. That every kid experiences what she experiences.

But ever since the Lew's moved in seven months ago, Kaycee couldn't help but have that soft ache in her chest for a family like that.

With her parents in London for business, her sister, Kylie, in Chicago for college and her brother, Devon, in Boston busy with his real estate business, she knew the chances were slick. But a person can hope.

Shaking herself out of her thoughts, she looked over to their house again and realized they had already gone inside. Sighing to herself, she walked over to her bed and flopped down.

Well no more spying for today, she thought sadly.

_

"Good morning Nat."

"Morning, miss Kaycee."

Kaycee walked downstairs as Nat smiled warmly at her from the dining table.

"Did you sleep well?"

"I did, but then I fell out of bed so..."

Nat laughed, shaking her head, at her. Nat was the closest to family Kaycee had since her childhood. Whenever her parents would be away, which was most of the time, Nat would be her nanny and Kaycee wasn't ashamed to admit that Nat was a much better mother figure in her life than her own mother.

"Do you want waffles?"

Kaycee nodded her head vigorously, her mouth watering already.

Nat smiled at her antics.

"Coming right up."

Nat put down a plate of waffles in front of her and it didn't last long. She gobbled up the waffles, frequently complimenting its 'moist texture', and secretly wished she could do that too.