You're my home

Kaycee does not like crowds.

It's not exactly a secret since she openly admitted it in one of her recent YouTube videos. And to be fair, she did get better at handling people over the years but that did not mean it does not make her uncomfortable anymore. It does, but she can now handle it more maturely without freaking out.

But Sean has always been understanding about her problem. Being the most social person Kaycee has ever met in her life, he can talk to literally anybody. Completely opposite to Kaycee who would rather keep to herself. She sometimes wonders how he can do it so flawlessly.

Which is why Sean was the one talking to the receptionist of the venue of their latest award event while she stood there awkwardly smiling and occasionally nodding when the woman looked at her for confirmation of the details Sean was reciting.

It got a bit boring after a while so she started looking around the lobby. There were so many people here - dancers, singer, choreographers, artists, musicians - that it was overwhelming. All of them were waiting for the event to start.

Suddenly Kaycee caught the eye of a man, not more than twenty-five, eerily smiling at her from across the room. A chill ran down her spine but she managed to hide the uncomfortable feeling in her stomach crepping up and turned towards Sean who was almost done.

"All set." Sean announced. "Kayc, tell our parents they can go upstairs to the auditorium on the third floor."

"Okay." was Kaycee said as she set off to find their parents in the enormous lobby.

As her eyes were roaming around the room she caught the eye of the eerie young man again. He raked his eyes over her body and smiled again, which creeped the hell out of Kaycee. Shuddering slightly, she tore her eyes away from him and started looking for their families.

Finally managing to find their parents, she told them to go to the auditorium on the third floor and that Sean and her would join them a bit later. She walked with them upto the reception area where she separated from them to find Sean.

Sean was lurking around the counter when he noticed her. Waving his arms like a five year old to her Sean beckoned her to come over. Shaking her head at his goofiness, she scuttered over to Sean, wondering why is he never embarrassed by anything.

"You have to sign yourself present, here." He said, pointing to the part where her name was written. Signing her name, they both made their way to elevator.

Whenever they would be in a crowded place, Sean would always place his hand on the small of her back, so lightly she couldn't even feel it if she was another person, just to make her feel she wasn't alone. Even though she never admitted it, it did make her feel safe and secure and sometimes giddy like a pathetic school girl. He knew she didn't like too much skin contact in public so he kept it low-key, even without her asking, and as much as Kaycee resisted the thought she did like it there.

But it had never crossed that line of her back. Beyond the small of her back. To her waist. He would wrap it around her shoulders or head but never her waist. Because that wouldn't be something best friends do. Because that isn't something 'just friends' are supposed to do.

They had never talked about it but Kaycee wasn't dumb. She knew about Sean's feelings. In a way, without directly saying it, she did convey she liked him occasionally but sometimes she hid it very well. Like how she slowly allowed him into her personal space, baby steps at a time, but a step nevertheless. And Sean thrived on the fact that he was only person who could do those, except those who were related to her by blood.

They entered the elevator and it soon started crowding. They were pushed to the back as more and more people entered the elevator. It was a spacious one, though.