It's a date

-

"Sean!!!!! Someone's at the door."

"I'm kinda busy," A muffled voice rang across the house, "You go ahead and open the door."

The former speaker let out a sigh and got up from her comfortable position on the couch and trudged down the hallway to the door, grumbling on the way as how guests should be treated. Turning the knob, a smiling petite brunette from the other side of the door greeted her.

"Kaycee?"

Kaycee looked surprised but recovered quickly and smiled warmly at the girl, who had opened the door.

"Hey Amy! How are you doing? I wasn't expecting you."

Amy smiled at her and gestured to come inside the house and closed the door behind her.

"Yeah Sean wasn't expecting me too."

Kaycee giggled cutely and Amy joined her.

"By the way where is he?

"He's upstairs doing God-knows-what. He's been there for over an hour over."

"Really? What's taking him so long?" Kaycee wondered aloud. Amy shrugged and both of them proceeded to the living area to settle down on the couch where previously Amy had been cozing up.

"Where are the others?"

"Oh it's a date night. They've gone out with my parents and so here I am babysitting Sean."

"Hey!" A male voice yelled from the other side of the room. "I heard that."

Kaycee burst out laughing as Sean playfully glared at Amy as he entered the room. He hopped in beside Kaycee and poked her arm.

"Hi!"

Kaycee rolled her eyes as they had seen each like a week ago but obliged to his antics. She had missed him too and a big warm smile, that the boy loved so much, adorned her face.

"Hey."

They both grinned widely at each other.

"Do you guys always creepily smile at each other?" Amy wondered aloud with her mouth, looking up at the two teenagers, slowly munching on her popcorn that she had found to be in plenty in Sean's house.

The said teenagers dropped their smiles and awkwardly started looking around. Never had any person pointed out that this was creepy. Mostly people would just leave them alone or coo at them since their dynamic is definitely not a normal one. Their families found this behaviour normal now, after witnessing this this for years now.

Amy silently giggled at them.

"It's okay. I was just wondering."

Sean cleared his throat.

"Amy why don't you go upstairs and play?"

Amy, who was enjoying the tension in the air, sat up straight at that and pouted.

"No I'm not five for God's sake, Sean. I wanna spend time with you guys. Besides I have never hung out with Kaycee before. I wanna know why you adore her so much."

Sean's face went from white to abnormally red within seconds. Kaycee looked at anywhere but Sean. Her cheeks were already red from the sun outside but now her entire face seemed to be hot.

You could probably fry an omelette on their faces, Amy thought.

"Amy. I. Am. Never. Babysitting. You. Again." Sean said grinding his teeth so much that Kaycee was afraid his teeth would fall out.