Chapter Two

NINA

Someone was knocking on the front door rather loudly, and no one else in the apartment seemed to be answering it. Rolling over in bed I grab my phone and curse seeing it was 6am, Dan and Ryan needed to be on the tour bus in thirty minutes. But who the hell was knocking?

Throwing one of Dan's oversised jerseys over my underwear since the weather was warm in Australia and I didn't need to wear many layers to go to sleep in. I pad barefoot across the wooden floor wishing I had put on a pair of socks or some slippers.

Ryan was sleeping on the sofa in the lounge. That boy could sleep through anything. He was the closest person to the front door in this apartment and he wasn't even waking up. Rolling my eyes, I check the peephole before unlocking the door revealing an awake but slightly sleepy-looking Joel.

'Good morning Nina, you're looking ravishing this morning.'

'Oh stop it Mr Birch, you charmer. Why are you here? Not that I don't like seeing your face, but the bus isn't due for half an hour.'

I step aside and let him enter. He makes a beeline past the sleeping Ryan and into the kitchen where he starts to make coffee for everyone.

'The bus got to mine early, so I only thought it was fair to wake up Dan and Ryan first. Sorry for waking you up Nina, I tried their mobiles but got no answers.'

I shrug my shoulders and sit at one of the stools around the kitchen counter, 'I'm a light sleeper Joel. Ryan and Dan, on the other hand, aren't. You passed Ryan on the sofa, and Dan's passed out in his bed still.'

Joel smirks, "I can change that. You watch."

He grabs two glasses and fills them with cold water before handing one to me, 'do you want Ryan or Dan?'

I roll my eyes, 'you know I want you Joel, but I'll happily take Ryan.'

He nods, bends down and kisses the top of my head, before picking up his glass and creeps towards Dan's room. I get off the stool and stalk towards Ryan standing behind the sofa to avoid his morning rage.

'WHAT THE FUCK JOEL?' Dan screams.

Chuckling, I take that as my cue to pour the water over Ryan. He gasps and then rolls off the sofa, landing on the floor with a thud.

'I'm up, seriously water Nina?' he groans.

He scrambles to his feet, trying to fix his wet morning hair. Joel re-enters the room with a pouting Dan behind him. I point an accusing finger in Joel's direction.

'He made me do it, Ryan'

Joel snorts, 'mature Nina. Now, who wants coffee?'

Dan raises his hand and scoots around Joel. Ryan shakes his hair before following after Dan into the kitchen. I high-five Joel and hand him my now empty glass; coffee sounded good right around now to wake everyone up.

Ryan pushes a mug towards me, and I accept it, I needed something to wake me up because I sure as hell wasn't going to get back to sleep once the guys left.

'Are you guys looking forward to this tour?' I ask, blowing my coffee to cool it down.

'It's the best feeling playing music live Nina. The fans are also amazing.'

Dan always lit up when he talked about music. Joel nudges him in the side.

'Not if we have to deal with a moaning Ahren.'

Ryan puts his coffee down, 'I thought him and Amy had made up again, which was why she was back to coming on tour with us to handle the merch.'

Joel shakes his head, 'they are both as bad as each other when it comes to sleeping with multiple people; they both like to mess around and then get pissed when the other cheats.'

I'd never met Ahren. I'd heard stories about him from Dan and the rest of the band, but never once had our paths crossed. I'd be lying if I said he wasn't attractive, but it sounded like he had a bad reputation when it came to love. Maybe one day I'd get to meet him, to see if he lived up to all the horror stories.

Glancing up at the clock above the microwave I realise it is past the original pick up time and thought to myself just how annoyed the bus driver must be waiting outside for them.

'Err guys shouldn't you be leaving now?'

Three sets of eyes stare at the clock.

'I'll tell the driver we're nearly done here. See you on the other side, Nina.'

Joel hugs me quickly before rushing out of the apartment. Dan and Ryan then start to scramble around like a headless chicken. It was quite amusing to watch from my perch. Dan got dressed in record time while all Ryan had to do was grab his bags from by the front door.

'Remember we're just a phone call away Nina. Goodbye.'

'Bye, Ryan.'

We hug before I push him out of the now open front door making him laugh. Which only left Dan who ran out of his room nearly tripping over his own feet in the process.

'Do you need some help with your bags?'

'No, because I'm a man. Goodbye and see you soon little one.'

Dan pecks my cheek before leaving me alone. The apartment suddenly felt empty. However, when I walk into the kitchen, I see Joel's phone on the counter. Cursing I grab it and run out of the apartment.

They were packing up the bus, and I assumed the fourth person helping was the bus driver since I could only see them from behind, so I didn't care much about my appearance.

'JOEL!' I shout.

'Is this where you confess your undying love for me before I go on tour, Nina?' He turns around chuckling to himself. I shake my head and wave his phone in front of me. His eyes widen, 'oh shit, thanks Nina.'

I toss him the phone and go to turn around when I bump into a chest.

'And who are you?'

I recognised the voice from interviews and music videos. I said I wanted to meet Ahren, and here he was in front of me smirking while his eyes rake down my body, checking me out.

'I'm Nina; I live with Dan. Nice to meet you.'

'They've been keeping you away from me, haven't they? I'm Ahren.'

He takes one of my hands and like in cheesy romance films kisses it trying to be a smooth gentleman. Despite his reputation, I felt quite flattered by the gesture because I was a hopeless romantic at heart.

'Easy there Ahren you will not taint her. Thanks for bringing me my phone. Now get back inside Nina before you catch something from him.'

Joel places one hand on my back and starts to guide me back towards the apartment building seeming quite annoyed that I'd finally met the flirtatious and infamous Ahren Stringer.