SCP-049 (Part Three, end me)

who

why

when

w h a t

Addendum 049.4 Post-Incident Report Interview

The following interview is an excerpt from the 4/16/17 049 Incident Report. 

What's that? I dunno, something from part two or something?

The interview was conducted by Dr. Elijah Itkin, and took place three weeks after the start of the initial investigation.

Who keeps count of the weeks here

what is time

is that even relevant

no

Date: 5/7/17

Interviewer: Dr. Elijah Itkin

Interviewee: SCP-049

{BEGIN LOG}

Dr. Itkin: 049, we're conducting this interview to close up that whole thing with Dr.Hamm being dead and whatnot, so, do you have anything to say for yourself?

SCP-049: Well, I look forward to the day when you let me go back to my work! I have a truly interesting theory about how the Pestilence was able to infect someone without my knowing.

Dr. Itkin: S-seriously? You killed a guy! Or, more accurately, you killed a person, then you turned them into a f*cking zombie,  and then the MTFs had to f*cking get rid of it and it was kinda tra-

049: (Talking over Dr. Itkin) Ah, well, the death of a colleague is always regrettable, but in the face of the Pestilence, you must act swiftly, and decisively.

Dr. Itkin: Dr.Sherman said in his report that you seemed a bit mournful during your initial interview.

049: Mourn- (Pauses) Perhaps. It is...regrettable that a fellow doctor became infected, but my work continues. As...undesired it was, Dr.Hamm's death offered valuable insight in how to tend to the still living.

Dr. Itkin: Well, I'm afraid that you're going to be disappointed.

049: (Laughs) Oh, I wouldn't be too sure about that.

Dr. Itkin: Wait, what? That...sounded kinda ominous. What was that-wait, no, don't cut the audio, this is impor-

{END LOG}

(Phew, that's all for 049, kids. It's...the end of an era. I guess. I dunno.)