Part 3

Right at the beginning of the game, everyone stood silent, and was shocked. Kageyama and Hinata did an insane quick attack, leaving everyone on Nekoma's side in disbelief. You stared with wide eyes and glanced at all of the players, who had the same facial expression, including Kenma. Kenma said something to Hinata which made him grin big. He's definitely made an interesting friend. Throughout the game, Nekoma followed closely to their movements, analyzed, and adapted to that weirdo fast attack. 

Throughout the set, Hinata seemed to be doing something different once he realized his attacks wont make it through, and regularly started missing his spikes. You could tell he was getting frustrated but he still went on, turning to Kageyama, "ONE MORE!"

You looked at coach, "Why does he keep tossing him spikes when he knows he cant hit? Why hasn't their coach benched him yet?" you asked.

"If this was an official match, he 100% would probably not be playing right now. But, since this IS a practice match, its probably best for them to do some trial and error with their plays. This is their chance to find a solution."

You nodded. You still didn't understand how the small boy could keep going, even after getting shut down so many times in a row. You acknowledged his courage and his inability to give up, as you weren't sure if you could keep up the optimism. You liked to watch him play, and hoped he wouldn't give up. 

Nekoma took the first game, and they ended up playing multiple matches, per Hinatas request. During clean up, Kenma sat by me as you as your were organizing paperwork.
"Did you enjoy the game?" he asked.
"Yeah, I got a lot of good information on both sides." you responded. He was quiet for a minute, still sitting. You could tell he was thinking hard, but not knowing how to word what he wanted to say. "What're you thinking?" You asked.
"You know, for those quick attacks, Hinata wasn't looking at the ball. His eyes were closed."
"I know. That Kageyama setter is really amazing. You should talk to him."
Kenma shook his head, standing up. As if the timing were perfect, Kageyama inched closer and closer to Kenma, with that same scary expression on his face as before. He was whispering something that we couldn't hear, and Kenma trotted away. You laughed at this. 

"Kenma, you're awesome!! This was so fun! Do you enjoy volleyball more now?" You heard Hinata ask.
"I don't feel any different.."
Hinata put his hands on his hips and stood determinedly, "I wont lose next time! Next game, I'll make you say, 'that was so fun,' or, 'I really got into it!' I hold my word!" Kenma stared at him with wide eyes.
After a few seconds his eyes softened and he gave him a small smile, "I wont lose either." You smiled at the interaction, glancing at Kuroo, who was watching the two as well. He returned your gaze and smiled, his baby made another friend, all by himself.

Both teams stood in front of one another at the end of the day, just like they did when they all first met. They all smiled and laughed with each other, Yamamoto and the other shaved head actually cried. "I'll see you again, my friend!" They screamed at each other as they parted ways. You shook your head but laughed to yourself. Volleyball club was really, really interesting. 

On the way back to Tokyo, you felt tired. Socializing was surprisingly exhausting. You, Kenma and Kuroo all shared a seat. Usually, there's two people per seat, but you and Kenma were small enough to fit a third. You tapped Kuroo's shoulder, "are you sleepy?" he nodded, and you pulled out a large blanket for you to all share. You offered the boys their halves as  you sunk into your seat. "You're sleepy, too?" He followed up.
You nodded, and looked at Kenma way, "Are you, Kenma? You played more than expected today." He put his game into your bag, laying his head against the seat, meaning 'yes, " am so tired, goodnight,' and closed his eyes.

"My parents are leaving tomorrow for awhile. Wanna spend the weekend?" he asked you and Kuroo quietly. You nodded and closed your eyes. "I wont forget your pie." Kuroo simply laughed and laid his head on mine.