Part 14

"What do you mean?" Kenma asked.

"Oh come on, you know. You said you were jealous, why?" You pressed.

He put his hands in his pockets and walked forward. You and Kuroo followed his lead. 

"Well... I'm not entirely sure. The idea of that just makes my stomach hurt... you hanging out and devoting your attention to others is just bizarre, I guess... not used to it," he said, "..That might be selfish of me. You're not obligated to only give us attention." 

"It is selfish," You said, "But I don't care. I don't really feel the need to hang out or be friends with anyone else. If it happens, that's cool; I'm not looking or going to resist it. But I feel like you guys are all I really need." 

Kuroo looked at you and then back at Kenma with raised eyebrows.

"Let's enjoy our night," Was the only thing he said.

-the next day-

[Rooster]: I hate this name!!

You laughed at your phone as you secretly checked it in class. The group chat that has been named "Operation No Boys Allowed" has been popping off.

You sat in class, only slightly interested in the subject. Your thoughts drifted in and out; you wondered about what to eat for lunch, if you should buy the new Switch game that recently came out, and if Kenma was awake behind you. You drew a cute little kitty face on a piece of paper and passed it behind you. You sat for a few seconds and peeked behind, seeing his head face down on his desk. You silently placed the paper by his head for a nice "Good morning" gift. 

You felt like yesterday was left kind of unfinished. It was like everyone had a lot more to say but for some reason, just didn't. Things didn't really feel awkward, but it definitely felt like something was in the air, hovering above the three of you. Maybe you were overthinking.

[Skyscraper]: Perp has been spotted heading East from the bathroom on the second floor.

[Shorty]: Do you even know what direction East is?

[Shorty]: WHO CHANGED MY NAME?!?

[Rooster]: If he's actually heading East, that's towards Kenma and F/N. Tora, stand guard.

[Mohawk]: Aye aye, captain. I'm a few rooms away. Will be there. F/N, don't leave until you see me.

[Chibi]: Gotcha. 

This nonsense has been going on since you woke up this morning. You're convinced that they spent the night at the school, just waiting for Oshiro to arrive and stalk him. They seem to be having fun playing detective, so you couldn't be too angry. It was entertaining. 

[Mohawk]: He's standing outside the door.

[Rooster]: I swear if you don't get him away I'll make you runs laps

[Mohawk]: Bruh you don't even have the authority 

As they went back and forth, the teacher explained our homework assignment and dismissed us. Lunch time, aka, prime time for weirdo boy to bother you. 

"Kenma..." You poked the top of his head a few times. He looked up at you with tired eyes and confusion. 

"I didn't mean to sleep the WHOLE time..." He muttered. He noticed your note, opened it, and smiled. "I am going to tape this on my notebook." 

Your face got warm and you put your hand on his head, "Let's head out, I'm so hungry." 

He nodded as you both packed your things and stood. "Tora said not to leave until we saw him, but I don't see him..." 

"Let me go check, you stay here," Kenma said.

He walked to the door and looked both ways. He looked back at you and shrugged, motioning for you to follow him. You did, with some worry, but figured if he was telling you to go; you should be clear. And as assumed, Oshrio wasn't there, but neither was Tora.

[Pudding]: Nice going, dumbass, stranding us. 

[Rooster]: Laps. 

[Mohawk]: I'll have you know I scared him off and made my way to lunch B) see ya there suckers

You and Kenma gave each other a weird look and made your way to the designated meeting spot. Once there, everyone except Lev was waiting for you two. They were laughing super hard about something. 

"Dude, you're a god, I can't believe you did that," Kuroo said through hyena laughs. Kenma cleared his throat as you walked up and the attention turned to you two. 

"L-Listen to this- BAHA," Kuroo slammed his hand on the table. 

"So I walked up to him," Tora said, deep voice, imitating a funny walk. Everyone, including Kenma, started laughing right away. "I saw him waiting and peaking, but he hadn't noticed me yet. So I snuck up behind him and was like, "Uh um, what are you doing? And he jumped SO HARD, he looked like a big wuss. He was a little taller than me but you could just tell my presence was so much larger. And he kept stuttering like 'u-uh uh nothing, just w-waiting'," He said in a super funny voice, "So I did it back to him just like I did just now," He burst into laughter, as did everyone else. 

"Anyway- I was like, what business do you have with our manager? What's your motive here buddy? And he just looked really shocked and scared, so I got closer and he backed up real fast. And I was like, 'leave her alone if you know what's good for you', and then he ran away. Super funny. Im proud of myself," Tora finished his story and you felt a strange sense of pride. "He'll probably be back, but he won't be as bold." 

"so yeah, if he ever messes with you again, I guess we really will have to take it. further, huh?" Kuroo said, elbowing Kenma, who nodded. 

"You guys are ridiculous," you muttered, laughing. 

Lev eventually showed up and it was all explained to him. You guys sat together for lunch and you watched them talk and goof around, feeling content with how things were. You glanced at Kenma, who was staring at you. He quickly looked away but looked back at you just as fast. He covered his mouth and let out a little giggle, which made you do the same. Moments like these are what made you super thankful you ever met them in the first place.

 Lunch ended, the school day ended. Practice came and went just as fast.

"Gather up," Coach Nekomata called. You sat in rows in front of him as you all listened to what he had to say. 

"Summer training camp is coming up. We will be participating with Fukurodani, Shinzen, and Ubugawa as normal. That said, we will have another school coming this year," Coach said.

"Won't five teams mess up rotations?" Kuroo asked.

"We have it all figured out, it won't be problematic." 

Kenma sighed and shook his head. You felt for him. He doesn't like to interact with people, and another team is a lot more people he doesn't know and will realistacally be forced to socialize with. 

"Do you guys remember our match against Karasuno?" Coach Nekomata asked. Of course we did. "Those are who will be joining us." 

Kenma's eye got large and the energy was immediately lifted. 

"Those country bumpkins! Hey, you have a friend on their team, right Kenma?" Kuroo asked.

Kenma smiled and nodded, "Shoyo... I wonder how he's improved," Kenma thought aloud. 

"Let's show em what we're made of," Kuroo stood and snarked, hands on hips, "We are going to make this the most productive camp ever," He shouted. 

"Yes!"