Part 22

You lay, staring at the ceil, now void of emotion from hours of thinking, crying, yelling from anger. 

You were hurt. Angry. Sad. Most of all, humiliated. 

 Kuroo being mad, or yelling at you, is one thing. But doing it in front of everybody - our friends, coaches, people we don't even know - was embarrassing. Did he do it on purpose? Did he mean to put me in a position I hate more than anything?  

This wasn't fair. You have been ignoring everybody, trying to figure out what to do. Try to talk to him again? Ignore him? You can't ignore him forever... he's one of my best friends. 

Is he? Would someone who cared about you do that? You sure as hell wouldn't do that. 

But... a life without Kuroo as your best friend? That hurts more. 

Is this what heartbreak feels like? 

You took a stroll outside, wandering to the usual spot you seemed to always end up at. You stared at the moon, clearing your head. 

You decided. You're approaching him. You are figuring out why he yelled at you. And you are letting him know how you feel. Confrontation is always terrifying, but this needs to happen. You cannot let this simmer any longer. It isn't fair. 

You wandered into the gym him and Bokuto usually practice in, only to not find him there, just Bokuto, Akaashi, and Karasuno boys. 

"Where is Kuroo?" You asked. 

"Good question, I haven't seen him for most of the day," Bokuto said, walking up to you. He put his arm over your shoulder, embracing you in a side hug, "That thing he did earlier was pretty wack, huh? Akaashi and I have been angry at him all day for that, huh Akaashi? If he doesn't apologize, I'm giving him a piece of my mind." 

 "Yes, Bokuto-san, that wasn't nice of him," Akaashi said, lowly. 

"I want to talk to him," You said. 

"Do you know what his problem is?" Bokuto asked. You shook your head. 

"I'll see you guys later..." You said, walking out slowly. 

You stood and sighed, he wasn't at the first place you looked. Maybe this is some higher powers way of saying you should wait until he apologizes first before talking to him... 

You shook your head. No. Be the bigger person. 

You headed towards Nekoma's room, putting your ear to the door, listening to see if anyone was inside. You heard Kuroo and Kenma, arguing? You couldn't tell. 

"That was not okay, Kuroo, and you know it wasn't. What has gotten into you recently? You seem a lot more on edge, you're getting kind of rude, to be honest," Kenma scoffed. 

Kuroo said nothing. 

"Quit ignoring me!" Kenma said, increasingly getting more frustrated. 

"Why do you care?!" Kuroo said.

"Excuse me? You're my best friend? Is it wrong of me to point out when you're not acting like yourself?" Kenma said, you could definitely tell Kuroo's comment was insulting. 

"No, actually, it's not cool to out me," Kuroo said.

"I'm in no way 'outing' you, dude. It's the two of us. I'm bringing up problematic behavior in hopes to figure out what's wrong! People don't just turn into assholes overnight! What did F/N do?!" Kenma yelled. 

 "Shut up!" Kuroo yelled back. 

Enough. 

You opened the door and stood there, putting your hands into fists to avoid them from shaking.