Chapter 11

POV Atalanta

We rode and I had my hood above my head hiding my blonde white hair and most of my face

We rode and I had my hood above my head hiding my blonde white hair and most of my face. You could only see a sliver of her eyes and nose.

I bounced up and down as the horse making me pull my cloak tighter around my body.

The closer we moved to the eleven forest of Mirkwood I felt a uncomfortable darkness creep my skin.

"The eleven gate." Gandalf spoke as he slowed us to a stop. I shivered softly jumping to the ground, I rubbed my long sleeved shirt still feeling something wrong with this forest.

What has he done....?

I take off my weapons placing them on my body but keep my eyes on the forest.

"Are you alright?" I heard behind me and see Thorin standing there and I look down before just nodding but keep myself tightly wrapped in cloak.

A hand on my shoulder snapped me out of my nerves and I catch Thorin's eyes. He gently pulled my hood back before placing his hands on my shoulders.

"Are you alright?"

His question shook me and I had to think for a moment. "I'm....I haven't been here for a long time....I have no desire to go in there...." I whispered and he nods.

"Stay next to me, alright?" He spoke and I just nod before unbuckling my bag. I pat the horse on the butt sending it on it's way.

"Not my horse! I need it!" Gandalf yelled out and I look to him in question.

I moved forward with Thorin by my side, "Gandalf where are you going?" I asked and the wizard looked at me sadly.

"There are things I need to see. Understand. I'll be waiting for you at the overlook, before... the slopes of Erebor. Keep the map and key safe." He directed from me to Thorin who nods.

"Do not enter that mountain without me." He said strictly and the dwarf nods. He glances at me before walking away to the others.

Gandalf looked to me and spoke lowly.

"This is not the Greenwood of old. The very air of the forest is heavy with illusion. It'll seek to enter your mind and lead you astray."

"Lead us astray"? Bilbo asked in question and he nods.

What does that mean.....I do not understand what he meant but I could feel it. Something's not right with this forest...