Chapter 26

POV Narrator

Gandalf rode through dale making people move out of the way of the grey wizard

"Let me through! Make way!"

He rode frantically knowing he needed to find the leaders of these people. He need to warn them of what's coming.

"No! No! No! Oi! You!" Alfrid called out to Gandalf who looked at the people training and patrolling around in confusion and worry.

"Pointy hat!"

"Yes. You. We don't want no tramps, beggars, nor vagabonds here. We got enough trouble without the likes of you. Off you go. On your horse."

Gandalf just stared at him with an annoyed look. Ready to hit this guy with his staff.

"Who's in charge here?"

"Who's asking?"

Bard spoke coming from the side making Gandalf turn and look to him.

——

"You must set aside your petty grievances with Th r dwarves. War is coming. The cesspits, of Dol Guldur have been emptied."

Gandalf spoke yet Thranduil gave a look to Bard with a breath. Raising his brows slightly.

"You're all in mortal danger."

"What are to talking about?"

Bard asked and before Gandalf could answer the man Thranduil interrupted.

"I see you know nothing of wizards. They are like winter thunder on a wild wind, rolling in from a distance, breaking hard in alarm."

Thranduil spoke pouring himself and Bard a drink both the man and wizard look to him.

"But sometimes a storm is just a storm."

"Not this time. Armies of Orcs are on the move. These are fighters. They have been bred for war. Our enemy has summoned his full strength."

"Why show his hand now?"

"Because we forced him too!" Gandalf argued with the stubborn elf and his mind on the female in the mountain.

If she is released, she will cause many deaths and will play a big role in the battle for the mountain.

"We forced him when the Company of Thorin set out to reclaim their homeland. The dwarves were never meant to reach Erebor. Azog the Defiler was sent to kill them. His master seeks control fo the mountain."

Bard looked to wizard in slight confusion.

"If they were never meant to reach Erebor...how come they did?" He asked in pure curiosity.

Gandalf looked to the man with a gleam in his eye. "Because I gave them the ultimate weapon. I gave them her."

The two froze as they heard what the wizard was saying. "She was the one who kept them alive. Her, being older than the Orcs master himself. She is the key to this war."