𝔣𝔦𝔳𝔢

╔═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✧☾.·:·.*═══╗

boy parts: part one

╚═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══╝

Now remember when we met, we was all in each other's bed

& we were spending every second we had

& now that it's official, it's hittin' a little different

What the hell we gonna do with these bags? No, yeah

& now I'm learnin you like 101

You were sent to me like a one of one

& now we're going hard, just one on one

Nobody else

Honeymoon Fades

Sabrina Carpenter

2:05 ──────────────༓────── 3:15

COREY SAT ON THE FLOOR AT THE FOOT OF HER BED, the metal ornaments on the wooden trunk cold against her back through the loose fabric of her tank top. She held her phone up to her ear, a shaky breath leaving her lips as the trill of the other line rang out into the otherwise quiet room; the only other sound was Madison's shallow sleeping breath. She sighed, looking up at the ceiling for a moment to collect her thoughts. Madison knew more about her assault than she had let on; that much was obvious from what Corey was able to unintentionally gather over the previous nights she had spent with the other girl.

The phone pressed up against her cheek continued to ring and she hoped her mother hadn't fallen asleep or that her math was off on the time difference between Santa Monica and New Orleans. Just as she was about to check the time, the line on the other end clicked and Stevie's raspy yet soothing voice danced through the receiver. Corey's shoulders relaxed, the tension she didn't realize she had been holding in leaving at the sound of her mother's familiar voice.

"Let me guess," Corey could hear the smile in her mother's voice, the light chuckle that left Stevie's lips causing a smile to crack over the redhead's lips as well. "Can't sleep? There's no other reason why you'd be giving me a call at two in the morning." Madison groaned as she adjusted her sleeping position and Corey stifled the laugh that tried to leave her lips. She cleared her throat as quietly as she could and swallowed hard before she let out a whisper.

"You know me too well," she shifted downward until the back of her head was resting against the lid of the ornate trunk behind her. She took in a breath, a slight hesitation in the middle of her inhale— the singular sign that she was on the verge of tears. "Maddie's been asleep for hours, but something's been on my mind that I can't seem to wrap my head around."

The redhead wouldn't tell her mother what happened with Madison; it wasn't her place to do so, nor was it something that she should have known in the first place. Instead, she played with the hem on the leg of her silk shorts, her bottom lip slipping between her teeth. She chewed at her lip, attempting to level her wavering breath.

Corey's mind continued to wander, focusing on what Madison had gone through. She blamed herself for the position that her girlfriend had ended up in. She thought that if she had just gone to the party with Madison that things would be different, and they would have been. Madison could be naïve and quick to trust others.