𝔣𝔦𝔣𝔱𝔢𝔢𝔫

╔═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✧☾.·:·.*═══╗

the replacements: part four

╚═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══╝

But I'm a fire and I'll keep your brittle heart warm

If your cascade, ocean wave blues come.

All these people think love's for show, but I would die for you in secret.

The devil's in the details, but you got a friend in me.

Would it be enough if I could never give you peace?

Peace

Taylor Swift

1:14 ──────༓────────────── 3:54

THE GUITAR CASE CLATTERED AGAINST THE METAL DOORFRAME as Corey stumbled in through the studio doors, struggling to shuffle inside. She was running late, her glasses still secure over the bridge of her nose. She was aware of the articles depicting her sudden reappearance on bourbon street. She'd seen the paparazzi, the flash of their cameras never secret no matter how far away they were. She'd always been overly aware of their presence when she was alone. She looked down at her phone, her twitter feed pinging with numerous notifications flooding her screen.

Corey Luna Seen Alone for the First Time in Months.

COULD THERE BE A NEW ALBUM IN THE WORKS? COREY LUNA REEMERGES FROM THE SHADOWS.

Era of Silence Over; Corey Luna Spotted Wandering Alone.

SONGBIRD SEEN FLEEING THE COOP. TROUBLE IN PARADISE?

Musical Legacy Returns to the Studio!

Her guitar case teetered against the floor as she turned to close the door behind her. Her producer, Jack, sat with his headphones resting over his ears. Corey sighed as she pulled her hood from the crown of her head, her focus still on the phone in her hands.

If they're already posting pictures online then they better at least look good, she thought. She opened one article after another as her curiosity got the better of her. She checked her social media mentions as she plopped down on the futon in the corner of the dim office space.

[stan twitter always loses their collective minds whenever @looneytoon is seen outside, i swear.]

[can @looneytoon give a sneak peek of what she's been working on? we're starving over here.]

[@looneytoon out without @mmmontgomery? Don't tell me it's the end of my brotp!]

[@looneytoon. that's it. that's the tweet.]

"The prophecy returneth!" Jack called out from across the room, causing Corey to jump. She rolled her eyes as she locked her phone, shoving it into her back pocket.

"Calm down, Jackie-boy, I had one day off." Corey laughed. Her head shook as she turned her attention to the man sitting across from her. He was positioned with his shoulders slumped forward, the large square frames of his glasses taking up most of his face. His oversized headphones hung around his neck, partially crushing the collar of his Hawaiian shirt. He put his hands up in surrender with a laugh.