𝓔𝓹𝓲𝓵𝓸𝓰𝓾𝓮

It was hard to believe so much time had passed.

So many wonderful, glorious years, each day of them filled with precious memories.

Most of the former gladers and their friends had become proud parents of happy, growing families.
Their children, whether by birth or adoption, were among the first generation at the safe haven to grow up free.

And many changes had come with those passing years.

Henry, along with others, had worked to create a synthesized version of the cure derived from Thomas's blood.

Not only was it now something they were able to recreate on a much larger scale, but the work they had done developed it into a vaccine.

And as groups went back to the mainland, to either look for things they needed that they couldn't make themselves, or as part of rescue teams, those they found who could be saved were given the cure, and some were brought back to the island safe haven.

Others created safe havens of their own where they were, and, over time, had become valued friends of those on the Island.
Now that relative safety and peace was assured for the future, none were very much inclined to betray them to WCKD.

Most, if not all had seen the pain and damage the organization had brought, no matter the many promises that had fallen from their lips.

Children rescued were most often adopted by those in the haven's, if what was left of their families were unable to be located.

Emma and Newt were one such couple, adopting two children, Nevaeh and Quentin.

"What are you thinking about love?"
Smiling as she felt Newt sit down, his arms wrapping around her from behind, she leaned into him with a sigh.

"So much has changed.....I feel like all I did was blink."

His head fit in the crook of her neck, as they stood on the platform by the firepit, watching the buzz of activity.

It was the annual memorial bonfire, most gathered into groups as they shared memories of days past, the slowly setting sun washing everything in a orange gold light.

"They're so grown up..." Newt commented wistfully, his eyes on where Mary and Charlie sat by Jorge. They were gathered around him with other children, engrossed in a story he was telling.

He had become one of the grandfather figures for the children of the safe haven, and seemed to really love it.

Waving an arm about dramatically as he told the story, Jorge's other arm held Harriet and Minho's youngest girl, Emily, on his lap, while his sides were flanked by Clara, her sister, and their brother.

Harriet and Minho had adopted the two girls, and almost a year and a half later they learned she was expecting the baby, who they would name Leo.

Summer and Nevaeh, were sitting in another group a ways off, laughing and talking with others their age.
Both were seventeen now, and Emma could hardly believe how much the two girls had grown.

Meanwhile Quentin was running around, playing tag with Eliot and Kim Jae-Eun, Thomas's two children, Gally and Kyra's little girl Lydia, and Lucy, Newt and Emma's youngest daughter.

Yes, alot of things had changed.
But for the better, and Emma had faith that they would only continue to.

And, as if drawn by a magnet, soon the others joined them, one by one until all of their friends were there.
Gladers, Elites, and Right Arm rebels.