do what makes you happy

~~~~♛~~~~

You wake to the sound of Colm yelling throughout camp

You wake to the sound of Colm yelling throughout camp. You cover your head with your pillow trying to block out the sound, but he's to loud. Your tent opens and Jamie's head pops in. "Y/n you need to come calm him down" he says before leaving again. You grown and roll out of bed. You slip you boots on and head outside.

"How the hell did this happen?" Colm yelled.

"Boss, I'm really sorry, I must have fallen asleep." A man named Paul said. You never knew why Colm kept Paul around, he was always a slacker.

"I gave you one job, one! And you failed me" Colm yelled louder.

You walk over and grab his wrist. He flicks his head to look at you. "Y/n not now, I need to deal with this." He says trying to escape your grip. Your hand stays on his arm and he turns around with a groan. "What the hell happened?" You asked.

"The train information was stolen, again." He says shooting daggers at Paul.

You let out a sigh and look up at him. "Calm down, deal with him when your not so angry, you'll probably kill him if you get near him"

"That's my plan" Colm says snarky.

"Stop" you say firmly.

Colm swats you hand away and stomps over to his cabin, slamming the door to get his point across. You exhale heavily and head to the fire. You sit down and begin to chat with a group of members. "I don't know why Colm keeps him around" you say with a laugh. You all continue to talk until you hear a yell come from the pathway leading to camp. You all turn to see one of the newer members that you never got a chance to learn their name run in. "They're coming!" He yelled. "Who?" You asked standing up. He ran over to Colms cabin and banged on the door. "Colm they're coming!" He yelled. The door flew open and Colm stepped out. "What's the commotion, who's coming?" He asked. "Dutch and his gang!" The boy yelled. You watched as Colms face changed from confusion to anger. He stood still for a minute thinking of what to do. He turned to face the gang. "Grab all the weapons from the stagecoach and get behind something!" He yelled. You start to run over to the wagon when you feel a hand grab your wrist. "Not you" you hear.

You turn to see Colm holding your wrist preventing you to take another step. "Let me get a gun!" You yell trying to turn to the wagon. "No, go to the cabin and get under the bed" he says sternly.

"Colm!" You yell again.

"Nothing you say will change my mind, now go" he says letting go. You run to the cabin with tears running down your face. You understand why Colm made the decision for you to hind, but you felt useless. You open the door and lock it behind you. You quickly slide under the the bed and lie still. You hear Colm yell at everyone and then silence. You could hear a pin drop. You heart your heart beating loudly which made you freak out more. Suddenly, a gunshot. You cover your mouth at the sound, trying not to make a noise.

"I'm back for you Colm!" You hear a voice say. You took a guess and said it was Dutch's voice. You know that Colm and Dutch go way back. Colm told you stories about how Dutch killed his brother. That's all you knew about so you weren't sure why Dutch hated him so much. You hear gunfire breakout. Screams are heard close by, tears roll down your face knowing some of your friends are dying. You continue to lay still while the shooting continues. It was only a few minutes of fighting but it felt like hours. Soon the shooting stopped, but you still heard voices. "Where the hell is Colm?" You hear the same voice yell.

"He's not out here!" You here another voice yell.

"Bill, Javier, Micah, go check in the woods surrounding camp. Arthur go check the cabin. I'll stay out here" the voice says.

You tense up hearing someone take steps closer to the cabin. Someone pushes on the door and it doesn't open. Suddenly a shot rings out and the door flies open. You look in fear as a pair of boots appears in the doorway. The man stands still for a few moments and then turns to face the closet. He opens the door and grabs a few things out of it. Colm didn't keep anything valuable on him, so the man probably just found some ammo and hair pomade. The man then closes the closest and walks towards the door again. You close your eyes in relief. The footsteps stop again. They turn to face the bed. Your heart races as you fear what is going to happen next. Suddenly the man drops to the floor and his eyes meet yours. Your eyes widen as you look at the man in front of you. He lets out a light gasp. It's the man from the bar. His beautiful blue eyes look directly into yours. You stare at each other in silence for what feels like forever. The he breaks eye contact and looks at the floor. He lets out a sigh and stands up. Walking towards the door he yells "cabins clear." He stands for a few more moments before stepping out. You let out a deep sigh. The man was a member of the Van Der Linde gang. Of course he was. That was your luck. You frown thinking about how the man you should despise is the same man you found handsome just the night before. You lay still while the men mumble throughout camp. "How does he always get away?" One voice said.

"Let's get out of here Dutch, we have a train robbery to plan" you heard the man from the bar say.

"Your right Arthur, let's go" Someone says.

Arthur, his name is Arthur

You listen and hear the horses ride out. You wait a few more minutes before sliding out from under the bed. You stand up and take a deep breath before stepping outside. You see the camp scattered with bodies. You continue to look around and see Jamie laying on the group bleeding. "Jamie!" You yell running over to him.

You drop to your knees and grab his head. You take off your blouse and put it on the bullet wound on Jamie's abdomen. "Jamie..." you cry out.

He grabs your hand and makes a slight smile. "Oh y/n, it's always you taking care of me, it's should be the other way around" he says trying to laugh, but fails because of the pain.

You look at him with tears streaming down your face.

"Y/n i love you so much, please don't do anything stupid and get yourself killed. Do what make you happy, not what everyone else wants." Jamie says.

"I love you Jamie, I'll get revenge" you say full of anger.

Jamie shakes his head. "No. Please get the hell out of here and never look back" he looks at you and smiles. He slowly closes his eyes, taking his last breaths. Tears stream out your eyes while continuing to hold him. "I'll love you forever" you whisper. You stay and hold Jamie until you can't cry anymore.