hunting

~~~~♛~~~~

You were going crazy sitting in camp alone

You were going crazy sitting in camp alone. One thing kept repeating itself in your head.

I promise I'll come back for you, I just needed to get away.

You roll your eyes. The more time you thought about the events that happened a few nights ago the angrier you got. Colm left you to save his ass. He always said he would keep you safe, which was now obviously a lie. You were tired of being cooped up at the camp, so you decided to go into Valentine and buy some food, and maybe get a drink. You walk over to Apollo and great him. He rubs his nose against you and you smile. "I promise we'll be okay" you say kissing his nose. You unhitch him and head into town. The cool air blowing on your face felt nice, you felt free. You enjoy the ride there, humming along the way. You arrive at the general store and head in. You were planning on getting some cheap food and some snacks for Apollo. You walk around and grab everything you need before walking over to the clerk and paying for it. You step outside and put all your stuff in your bag. Before heading back to camp you decide to go into the gun store for some ammo, just in case someone came lurking around camp. You walk into the store and walk over to the gunsmith. There is a man already talking to him so you patiently wait in line. The gunsmith hands him a shotgun.

"This is perfect, thank you" the man said.

"Good luck with your hunting!" The gunsmith said.

You raise an eyebrow at the comment. You grew up learning about all different types of guns, and you knew that wasn't used for hunting.

"What are you hunting? Because it sure ain't deer" you blurt out.

The man slowly turns to face you and looks you directly in the eyes. You sigh, you and your big mouth. He goes to say something when the door bursts open. "Marston, what the hell is taking you so long" a voice says. You turn to see Arthur standing in the doorway.

"I was trying to buy what we needed until this young lady decided to question my hunting methods-" John stops talking when he realizes neither of you were listening to him. He looks back and forth and you both as you just stare at each other. A few moments later he spoke up. "OH I SEE" he says.

Arthur breaks eye contact and looks at him.

"This is her, the O'Driscoll right?" John continued.

You raise your eyebrow again.

He talked about you?

Arthur stayed silent and John smirked. He turned to face you.

"Nice to meet you O'Driscoll, Arthur hasn't shut up about you" he says. You laugh and shake his hand.