like a daughter

~~~~♛~~~~

It's been about two weeks since your first robbery with John and Arthur and since then you've helped them with a few more

It's been about two weeks since your first robbery with John and Arthur and since then you've helped them with a few more. They would also come to camp with some leftover food they had and eat with you. You enjoyed their company, but wished you had someone all the time. You knew If you left the camp, you would have no where to go. And there's no way in hell you could go with Arthur and John because Dutch would murder all three of you. You sigh sitting on your bed. You needed to figure out what to do, because you couldn't stay in camp for much longer. You are brought out of your thoughts when you hear a voice. "Oh y/n!" It was John.

You step out of your tent to see John laughing while Arthur carries a bunch of supplies into camp. "What's up guys?" You ask.

"We brought you a few things, but apparently I have to carry it all." Arthur says. You giggle.

"We are going to rob this little homestead if you want to join?" John said.

"Hell yeah" you said cheerfully.

"That's the spirit" Arthur said putting everything down.

"It's a little ways from hear, id grab some food for the ride" Arthur said.

You grab a few packs of crackers and put them in your bag. "Are we ready to go?" You ask.

"Let's get out of here." John said.

You walk over to Apollo. Arthur was their petting him. "I think he may like me more then he likes you" Arthur said with a laugh.

"In your dreams" you replied back. You both laugh as you get on your horses. You ride off. Like Arthur said, it was a bit of a ride. You spend the majority of the ride talking about Arthur's past. You learned about how he had a son once, but he was killed. You also learned that Dutch found Arthur just like how Colm found you. It was strange how similar your up brings were. You also talked about John, and how he has a son. He didn't seem to enthusiastic about the conversation so it didn't last long. Arthur leads you guys off the trail and hops off his horse. "It's best if we walk from here" Arthur said. You hop off Apollo and grab your gun.

"I think the best bet is y/n go to the door and try and bring them out. When they come out me and Arthur with shoot, and you make sure you find cover before joining us." John said.

"Sounds perfect." You say.

"You don't thinks she will get hurt do you?" Arthur asks John.

"I can handle myself" you say walking towards the cabin. As you walk closer you can here a group of men talking. You couldn't make out what they were saying though. You walk up to the door and knock. You turn to see Arthur hiding behind a rock, he nods at you to let you know he's there. You smile and look at the door again, it opens. A man walks out. You go to sweet talk the man until you look up and see who it is.

Paul

"Y/n? What are you doing here?" He asks.

You stand frozen in shock.

"Colm, y/n is here-" Paul starts, until a gunshot rings out and he falls to the ground. You stand frozen in fear when you hear Arthur yell. "Y/n go find cover!" You look around and find a rock and jump behind it. You sit still in shock. There's guns firing around you but you don't here anything because your so lost in thought. Suddenly a hand is covering your mouth. You look up to see Colm. Tears fall down your face.

"Well well well. I leave you for a month and your sleeping with the enemy." He says.

Your heart shatters knowing in that very moment, you lost the one family you had. "C-Colm" you try to say.

"Don't start y/n. I trusted you." He said cutting you off.

"You left me!" You yelled before he put his hand over your mouth again.

"I told you I was coming back!" He said.

"I didn't tell them anything I swear!" You say removing his hand.

"And to believe I loved you like a daughter" he said with a scoff.

"Y/n?" You hear Arthur say. Colm looks at you with pure hate in his eyes. "I'm not finished with you" he said before running off. You sit with tears streaming down your face, heartbroken. Arthur comes running behind the rock. "Was that Colm-" he starts before seeing you crying. "Y/n!" He says before dropping to his knees, taking you into his arms. You can't say anything, you just cry. John comes over to see Arthur holding you. He squats down and sighs. "This is all my fault" he said.

Arthur puts a finger in your chin and moves your face to look at his. "Let's go back to camp okay?" He says. You don't say anything. He helps you stand up. He walks you over to his horse and helps you on. He whistles to get Apollo to follow them back to camp. You wrap your arms around his waist and cry into his back. He puts on of his hands on yours and lightly rubs them. The trip is silent, both Arthur and John knowing you don't have anything to say. You arrive at camp and Arthur helps you down. Your face is dry as you had no more tears left. He walks you over to your tent. You sit on the bed and look up to him.

"Well..." he starts, not knowing exactly what to say.

"Stay. Please." You say desperately. You needed someone, and the only person you wanted in that moment was Arthur. He looked back at John.

"I'll stay in the cabin, I can't go back without you or it will look suspicious." He said walking away.

Arthur steps in the tent and takes of his boots. He looks at you with a sympathetic look. He sits and grabs you in his arms.

"It's okay, your not alone, I would never leave you." He says quietly. You close your eyes and hug him tighter. You lay down, still in his arms. He kisses your forehead. You quickly fall asleep, exhausted from the days events. All that mattered now was Arthur, he's all you had.