closure

~~~~♛~~~~

You step out of your tent and make your way over to Apollo

You step out of your tent and make your way over to Apollo. You greeted him with a gentle hug since this was the first time you seen him since the day you were taken. You were just glad he made it back to camp on his own.

Sadie and Arthur finished saddling up and waiting for you. You got on Apollo and nodded to let them know you were ready to go. Sadie lead the group out, followed by you and then Arthur. He didn't want either of you to be in the back in case anyone snuck up on the group. Sadie new where the camp was located, so she lead the group there.

"Were they really stupid enough to say where they were hold up with you able to hear them?" Arthur asked from the back.

"They were planning on killing me, they probably figured it didn't matter." You responded.

"I'm ready to burn this place to the ground." Sadie said.

"I understand you ladies are fueled by anger, but please be careful so neither of you get hurt." Arthur said.

"We're angry Arthur, not dumb." Sadie responded, you chuckled.

The ride continued with light conversation about anything and everything. Sadie told stories about her and her husband. Arthur talked about encounters the gang had with the O'Driscolls before you and Sadie joined the group, and you said how you remembered Colm talking about them. Time passed quickly and you arrived at the camp.

"Let's leave the horses over here and head in quietly, we don't want any attention before we're ready." You said. The three of you hopped of your horses and grabbed your guns.

"There's a guard at the entrance, were gonna have start shooting from the trees." Sadie whispered. "If you see a fat feller with a beard, leave him, he's mine." She added.

You made your way up to the edge of the trees and hid behind one. Sadie was on one side of you and Arthur was on the other. Arthur nodded at you and you turned to nod at Sadie, letting her know it was time. "Surprise!" Sadie yelled as she jumped out from behind the tree and started shooting. You and Arthur followed her actions and started shooting as well. Men came flying out of the cabin and barn.

You made your way up to a rock placed right at the entrance of the camp. You continued shooting and watching the men drop like flies. You were able to keep your anger inside, but Sadie was a different story.

"Jake Adler... Sadie Adler... we were good people!" She yelled.

The three of you continued to move in as you killed everyone in sight. The shooting lightened as the farm became empty.

"You guys take the barn, I'll take the farm house." Sadie said. She continued, "remember, if he's fat and got a beard, he's mine."

You and Arthur made your way into the barn, shooting all the men hiding in there.

"Doesn't look like Sadies guy is in her, Let's go to the farm house." Arthur said.

You made your way into the farm house when you heard a struggle upstairs. You and Arthur shared a brief glance before running up the stairs. You stopped at the top when you saw Sadie straddling the man you figured she was looking for.

"I told you you'd see me again." She said to him, before stabbing him to death. It was quite violent but you understood where her anger was coming from.

The room was silent for a moment, before Arthur spoke up. "You guys okay?" He asked.

"Yeah." Sadie responded. You nodded.

"We should get out of here." Arthur said. You all stepped outside the house.

"I think I need to be alone for a bit." Sadie said. She turned to face you. "Thank you y/n. With out you I wouldn't of gotten the closure I needed." She said patting you on the shoulder. You smiled at her. She walked off, with you and Arthur following slowly. He held his arm out and you took it.

"Your awfully quiet, how are you feeling?" He asked.

"I feel good." You smiled. "I feel like finally, I can be happy without my past catching up to me."

Arthur stopped and picked you up bridal style. You laughed loudly at the sudden action.

"What are you doing?" You asked still laughing.

"Let's get you home Miss l/n" he said with a smile.

He carried you over to Apollo and helped you up. You took one last look at the ranch before ridding off back towards camp.

Arthur still being in a playful mood, challenged you to a race.

"If I win, you have to buy me whatever from the store, if you win, I'll show you some of my drawings." He smirked.

"Deal! I'm so winning!" You yelled before dashing off . You raced all the way back to camp. It was close the whole time, with you and Arthur both taking the lead multiple times. You rode into camp first with Arthur following right behind.

"Looks like I won Mr. Morgan, you know what that means." You chuckled.

"Yeah yeah, a deals a deal." Arthur said rolling his eyes. He helped you off of Apollo and you walked into camp. You made your way over to the fire where Javier, Charles, Uncle, Karen, Dutch, and Hosea were all sitting. You and Arthur sat to join them.

"You look happy sweetheart." Hosea said with a smile.

You smiled back. "I've never been happier." You responded. You turned to Dutch. "I know I've said this one hundred times already, but thank you for letting me feel like family."

He smiled and put a hand on your shoulder. "You are family y/n, and we are lucky to have you."