journal

~~~~♛~~~~

It was about mid afternoon when you and Sadie rode into camp from your little shopping trip

It was about mid afternoon when you and Sadie rode into camp from your little shopping trip. It has been about a month since the events at Hanging Dog Ranch, and ever since you and Sadie have gotten much closer. You went your separate ways and you made you way to your tent. You unloaded your satchel before stepping outside again. You looked around and saw Arthur sitting towards the edge of camp. You made your way over to him and sat down next to him.

"How was your morning?" He asked not looking up from his journal.

"It was nice being able to get out of here for a while." You responded. You laid down with your head in his lap. "You know, you never gave me my prize from winning that race." You said with a smirk.

"I have no idea what your talking about." He said trying to avoid the confrontation.

"Show me.." you begged, sitting up again. He closed his journal and smiled. "Fine, your lucky I like you." He said. You smiled and look to his journal to see a bookmark with your name on it. "What's that?" You asked.

"Well.." he said opening the book. Your eyes widened to see a drawing of yourself.

"I drew this one after I got home from the bar the first night we met." He said, scanning your face for a reaction.

You turned the page to see another drawing of yourself, this one was from the first time you went robbing with him. You continued to flip the pages, each one revealing a new drawing of yourself. A single tear fell from your eyes.

"Oh man I didn't think they were that bad." Arthur chuckled.

"Shut up." You laughed while slightly hitting him. "They are beautiful, i love them." You said with a smile.

"I love you." He said. You leaned in and put a light kiss on your lips.

"I love you Arthur." You said before kissing him again.

You cuddled up to him for a while before you both headed into camp. Everything seemed good. Dutch was coming up with plans to go somewhere safe and far away, and was barking out orders to everyone in camp. Hosea was trying to keep Dutch's head on right but was struggling. Javier was playing his guitar and building a crowd as everyone started singing. Molly got Dutch to start dancing with her once he was done telling everyone what to do.

"Let's dance Arthur!" You said to him.

He knew there was no fighting you so he took your hand and walked towards the music.

"This is nice." You said closing your eyes and leaning into Arthur.

"This is how it will always be now. No more worrying about the past, it's all the present." Arthur responded. He was right. All that mattered was him and you there in that moment, everything else was invisible.