family

~~~~♛~~~~

Your eyes shutter open to the sound of birds chirping outside

Your eyes shutter open to the sound of birds chirping outside. You sit up and realize Arthur is no longer in bed. This wouldn't normally bother you, but no one at camp knows your here. You know as soon as you walk out everyone will stare at you. You stand up, building the courage to face whatever is outside the tent. You step out and squint you eyes, the bright light from the sun blinding you. Once your eyes fully readjust, you look to see many faces looking at you in confusion. You scan the camp to find Arthur. A man with longer blonde hair walks up to you.

"Ah Arthur has finally given up on 'love' and found a random whore to mess around with" he says with a laugh.

"Excuse me?" You start, but Arthur comes over and steps in between you.

"Get lost Micah" he says.

"She's cute, I call her next." Micah responds. Arthur goes to lunge at him but you grab his arm to stop him. "It's not worth it, let it go" you say looking up to him. Micah just laughs and walks away.

"I promise he's the only bad one, well besides Williamson." Arthur says. He quickly turns his attention to you. "How did you sleep?" He asked.

"Well besides the fact that my family is dead, I guess decent" you say with a chuckle. Humor was the only way you could deal with pain. Most people didn't understand it, but it helped you. Arthur frowns and pulls you into a hug. "Let's introduce you to everyone."

You walk over to the fire, where a group of guys were sitting chatting.

"Good morning y/n" Hosea said with a smile.

"Good morning" you responded. The rest of the guys looked at you in pure confusion.

"Javier, Bill, Charles, Lenny, this is y/n... she will be staying with us for a while." Arthur introduces you.

You smile and nod at them.

"Why didn't we know about this?" Bill says angrily.

"It was very last minute Bill" Hosea says.

"She's gonna help us with robberies, she's really good so don't worry." Arthur says.

Charles and Javier look at each other, both trying to figure out how Arthur knows your good.

"It was nice to meet you guys, I promise I'll stay out of your way" you say with a smile. Arthur takes your hand and leads you away, Hosea starts to explain everything to the guys. Arthur takes you over to a group of girls sitting doing chores.

"Ladies this is y/n. Y/n this is Mary-Beth, Tilly, and Karen." Arthur says.

Karen stands up, "who is this beauty!"

You blush.

"She will be with us for a while." He says. "If you ever have any extra work, let her know. She always gets the job done."

Tilly looks up at Arthur with a smirk. "Arthur, do you and miss y/n have something romantic going on?" She asks. The girls laugh. You turn bright red at the question.

"Alright, we are gonna go" Arthur says leading you away from the girls.

"I'll take that as a yes!" Mary-Beth yells.

"Uh sorry about that" Arthur laughs.

Before you can respond you hear a "y/n?" From across camp. You turn to see a semi familiar face. He man runs over. "Y/n!" He says again. You recognize him. We was with Colm for a little, but he was never liked much.

What's his name? Why can't it come to me? Wait... Kieran!

"Kieran hey!" You say, completely shocked to see him. "Uh what are you doing here?" You ask him.

"Up at the camp in the Grizzlies, I kinda got caught. But I gained the trust of the camp, and now I'm treated way better than how Colm treated me." He said.

If they can trust him, they can learn to trust me. Right?

"Well it's good to see you." You say, trying to end the conversation.

You and Arthur walk and sit in a patch of grass right outside of camp. "That was exhausting." You say laying back.

"Yeah, and you didn't even meet everyone." He chuckled.

"I never knew everyone back at camp. I only got to talk to the people Colm trusted, which wasn't many people." You tell him.

"We are one big family here. Even Micah is okay sometimes." He says.

"Arthur, we have some business to take care of, let's go." Javier said walking by.

"I have to go, I'll be back soon. Don't get into to much trouble." Arthur winks. He kisses your forehead and gets up to leave. You stay and lay in the grass a little longer. Suddenly you hear a voice.

"Here's a pretty flower."

You look up to see a young boy with a daisy in his hand. You smile. "Well thank you very much. And you are?"

"I'm Jack." He responds.

"It's very nice to meet you Jack" you say shaking his hand.

"There you are Jack!" You here John say from across camp. He jogs over to you both. "Mommy wants to see you" he says.

"Okay, bye pretty lady." Jack says before running off.

"That's him!" You say getting excited.

John sits down next to you. He chuckles, "yeah, that's him"

"He's absolutely adorable, he has your charm." You say nudging his shoulder. You look around to see a dark hard women glaring at you. "What's up with her?" You ask.

John groans. "That's Abigail, Jacks mother. She thinks I want to have sex with anything on two legs. I gotta go calm her down. I'll talk to you later y/n" he says before getting up.

You laugh. You look around to see everyone doing chores. The one thing you've notice about the Van Der Linde Gang is they are one huge family. Unlike the O'Driscolls who were only connected by the desire for fame and money. No one truly cared about anyone, that's what you learned, those days were over. You were no longer an O'Driscoll. You found a new home, full of people who truly care about you.