whats wrong?

~~~~♛~~~~

Arthur's POV

Arthur's POV

"How the hell does he always get away!" Dutch yelled on the ride back to camp.

"He's somehow always a step ahead of us boss, everything we try he already knows about it" Bill replied.

"I don't care how long it takes me, i will kill that son of a bitch if it's the last thing I do." Dutch huffed.

Arthur rides in silence thinking back to the cabin.

The girl from the bar, an O'Driscoll? What are the chances.

He can't seem to wipe away the image of your scared face from his mind. Also why did he save you? You could have heard something that could jeopardize the whole gang. He couldn't seem to understand why he did what he did.

"How's the plan sounds Arthur?" Dutch said snapping him out of his thoughts.

"U-uh what? I'm sorry I wasn't listening." He responded.

"What has gotten into you boy? You've been silent the whole ride." Dutch asked concerned.

"Nothing, I'm just not feeling well, sorry" he replied.

"When we get back go get some rest, Hosea will fill you in in the morning." He said.

Arthur nodded and the ride continued in silence. Before he knew it, they were back at camp. He hopped off his horse and headed to his tent, greeting everyone he passed on the way. He took his boots off and plopped down on the bed. His mind keeps wandering back to you. Your petite figure drew him in from the moment he saw you. Your clothes showed him that you weren't a normal city girl, which should have been a huge hint of who you were. He thought back to when he sat down next to you to buy you a drink. You were feisty, but he liked that. He left right away because he didn't want to get into a fight with the man you were there with. He huffed and rolled over.

"What the hell is up with you?" He hearer a voice say while walking into his tent.

Without rolling over to face the voice, he mumbled "shut up Marston, I'm trying to sleep"

"What happened? The whole ride back you looked like you seen a ghost." John asked.

"Seriously, I'm just not feeling good, please leave" Arthur replied desperately.

"I know something's up with you, and I'm gonna figure it out" he said.

"Good luck, goodbye" Arthur responded annoyed. John left without another word. Although they both fought quite often, John was the closest thing Arthur had to a true brother. They both were the first to know when something was wrong which is why he was so fast to figure out Arthur lied about being sick. Arthur would tell him eventually, just not yet.

He was finally able to fall asleep after a long night of tossing and turning. He woke up from the bright light of the sun shinning into his tent. He rolled over, putting his boots on, and stepped outside. He walked over to Dutch and a group of guys talking. "What's going on?" He asked.

"We are trying to figure out where Colms going next. We checked the entire camp and nothing was there, he's not going back" Dutch responded. Arthur looked down at the ground, a picture of you popping into his head. "Even if someone was left, he's to selfish to go back for it them. They will survive three days max without Colm telling them what to do."

"Do you think he will try and hit the train?" Hosea asked.

"He knows we have the papers, if he was smart he'd stay far away from it, especially because most of his men are dead." Dutch responded.

"I say we focus on the robbery first, give Colm some time to think he got away, and then catch him off guard." Hosea replied.

"I think that's a good plan. Arthur what do you think?" Dutch asked turning to look at the younger man.

"If you think Colm won't get to far away in that time, I think it's a good plan" he responded.

Dutch grabbed his shoulder. "He won't get to far my boy, he'll stay where he's comfortable." Dutch walked off and the rest of the group went their separate ways. Arthur headed over to sit by the fire for a while. His mind was fixed on one thing Dutch had said.

"They will survive three days max without Colm telling them what to do."

Arthur let out a sigh. He shouldn't care about you, he should just leave you there. But something inside him was telling him to go back. Arthur stood up and made his way over to Pearson's wagon. He looked around to see if anyone was watching and when the coast was clear he grabbed a few snacks and put them in his satchel. He walked over to his horse and mounted up. Before leaving John ran over, call out to Arthur. "Arthur, where are you going?" He asked.

"I'm just going out hunting, I'll be back soon" Arthur responded trying to sound as convincing as he could.

"Uh okay, I'll see you later." John said before walking away. He turned and headed out of camp. He sighed and thought about what he was doing. He knew it was wrong, and he was breaking Dutch's trust, but he couldn't leave you to die alone.