Chapter Sixteen

Lisa's birthday is next weekend, one week before I take her for her birthday present. I was pretty confident about it when I first thought of it, however as the days roll by, I get more nervous. It isn't that I don't trust her; it is that I don't want her to see me differently because of it.

I bite my lip, my thoughts getting the better of me. Sitting on the sofa with my work spread out around me, I realise I haven't got that far as my mind won't settle. It is Sunday and Lisa and Seulgi went out with the team. They are likely going to be back shortly, making me notice in the last two hours they have been away, I have only made notes on one page of my textbook.

There is a knock on the door, making me sigh, relieved. I push my book away, standing, wearing a pair of tight Nike shorts and a woolen jumper with my fluffy socks. My face is make up free and my hair is half up in a loose bun. I looked like I hadn't planned on having company today.

I pull the door open and am surprised to see a tall handsome stranger. He smiles at me, revealing dimples, however, his smile had 'player' written all over it. He is a head taller than me, short brown hair and a strong jaw with brown eyes. He is wearing jeans and a jacket.

"Hey" I greet, thinking he seems familiar, yet not knowing where from.

"Hi. You must be Jennie?" He asks, his voice deep and charming.

"Yeah" I say, giving a small smile. His eyes run over me quickly before holding his hand out.

"I am Seunghyun. Lisa's brother." He introduces. I feel myself widen my eyes in realisation. I realised that is why he looked familiar.

"Oh, of course. Lisa isn't here." I say, shaking his hand.

"Will she be back soon?"

"I am not sure. She shouldn't be too long." I say, "Do you want to come in and wait?"

"Sure." He says, smiling as he walks past me. I close the door and see him taking in my work.

"Lisa doesn't complain about this?" He asks.

"Not if I am working. If I leave it there once I am finished she looks like her brain is about to malfunction though." I say, smiling. He laughs, nodding as if he understands.

I walk over and tidy up slightly, making room on the sofa. He takes a seat as I move everything to the coffee table.

"I saw you on TV the other week. You were good." He offers. I smile, shrugging a shoulder.

"Thanks" I say.

"You caused a scene in our house, you know."

"How so?"

"Well, dad was in the middle of one of his shows when Lisa rushes in and yanks the remote out of his hand. Dad shouted as Lisa changed the channel. You should have seen dad's face when we all realised Lisa put on ice skating. It is only when she tells us you are coming on does mum persuade dad to leave it on." He tells me.

"She told me that." I say, smiling.

"Mum is taken with you."

"She is nice." I say.

"You know she was surprised when you showed up." he says, crossing an ankle over his knee.

"Why?" I ask, turning towards him.

"Well, since she moved out, Lisa is hardly home. Then all of a sudden she shows up with some girl."

"She wasn't planning on taking me to the house." I say, shrugging.

"God, we all knew that. Bobby told me all about it when you left." He says, giving me a look as if Bobby told him about the moment he first saw us on the field.