Chapter Twenty-Eight

"Even though I am loving the view, I need a shower." I say, watching Lisa as she stands in my shower, only wearing a pair of jeans as she attempts to fix it. We had woken up this morning and separated to our own bathrooms to get ready. I had attempted to turn my shower on before it made a weird noise and water to start shooting out uncontrollably.

I had dragged Lisa in to see if she knew what was wrong, only to realise once she was there that she was no handyman. She had simply turned it on and got soaked, even though I had just told her it was broken.

She has been fiddling with it for three minutes and I am losing patience.

"Lisa!" I whine, wrapped in a towel. Her hair is wet and water is dripping down her back as her jeans cling to her.

"I told you I have no idea how to fix it." She says, shrugging her shoulders as she gives up, turning the thing off again and stepping back.

"Fine. Can I use yours?" I ask, knowing I was going to be late. She nods and I rush out, making my way into her room and moving into her bathroom, stepping into the shower. Only then do I glance at her products and realise it was all men's stuff.

When I step into the sitting room, I am holding a chunk of my hair and sniffing it. I have been smelling her shampoo since I stepped out of the shower and I realise the smell alone is making me imagine her head pressed against mine, my face pressed into her hair as I catch my breath.

"I called the landlord. He will have a plumber here this afternoon." Lisa tells me, coming out of the kitchen, holding a bowl of cereal. I nod, walking past her, my thoughts still on the image I have in my mind. I grab a mug and fill it with some coffee before taking a gulp. "What has you all quiet?"

"What?" I ask, cringing slightly at my strengthened accent. She chuckles, not missing the change. She leans on the counter beside me, smirking down at me. I roll my eyes, continuing to drink my coffee.

"What time do you have to leave?" She asks, already knowing the answer as she leans down to kiss my neck.

"Now" I answer, my voice still giving me away. She pauses, sniffing my neck before moving her head and sniffing my hair.

"You smell different." She comments, grabbing a handful of my hair and taking another sniff.

"I used your stuff." I say, coughing to try and clear my voice. She straightens and gives me a large smirk as she tucks my hair behind my ear. "Why are you looking at me like that?"

"Two reasons. One, you were smelling your hair when you came in and your accent was strong. You want me. Simply the smell of me turns you on. Secondly, with you walking around smelling like me, guys will know you're mine." She says, smugly.

"You're getting all macho on me." I say, rolling my eyes and gently shoving her shoulder. She chuckles, shrugging a shoulder as if she doesn't mind.

"Well, if some other guy thinks he has a chance with you walking around smelling like this, then they are idiots."

I laugh, washing my cup out before putting it in the drying rack and walk out of the kitchen. She slaps my ass on the way out, making me turn back with a jump, getting her arms to wrap around me and kiss me.

"Have a good day." She says smugly to me. I narrow my eyes, swinging my bag off my shoulder and dig around until I wrap my hand around a glass bottle, pulling it out. Lisa looks down at the bottle, barely getting to move before I have aimed it at her chest and sprayed. She swats her hand around as the smell hits her.

"You too. Now, I know you smell like me to." I tease, turning and leaving the apartment, listening to her laugh follow me. It is a laugh, one that was filled with amusement, love and happiness.