Chapter Seventeen

When I hear the front door open later that night, I am already in my bedroom, sitting on my desk chair as Rosé does my make-up.

"She slept outside your room?" She swoons, putting eyeshadow on me.

"Yeah. I have no idea what was happening. One minute I was trying to contain my anger and the next I am screaming at her." I mumble.

"She seemed to take your PMS well, though."

"Rosé" I complain.

"Fine. You overreacted slightly, but I get where you were coming from. It would likely have annoyed you normally, just your PMS took it a step further." She says, stepping back to admire her work.

"How could she think I would sleep with her brother after everything?" I ask, my voice quiet as I lower my eyes.

"She said Seunghyun gets what he wants. She is likely used to losing attention to him. I think it shows she cares about you enough not to want to lose you to Seunghyun." Rosé tells me in a soft voice.

"It's the fact she believes I would just swoon after her after meeting him." I sigh.

"You technically could though. You and Lisa aren't committed to one another. She knows that and is likely worried you will go off with someone else." she says.

"If she wanted to be more than roommates who occasionally make out, she would have said something by now."

"Maybe she is like you and scared you either don't feel the same or if you do that it would end up turning out bad and leaving you both having to awkwardly live together." She suggests, putting the finishing touches to my makeup.

I shrug a shoulder, not wanting to get my hopes up, yet can't stop the butterflies in my stomach at the prospect of her wanting to be with me.

I hear the flat door open again before muffled voices travel to my room.

"Jennie! Hurry up, we are already late!" Jisoo's voice calls out. I stand from the seat, going to my mirror and running my hand down my professional dress, which came down to above my knee. It was tight until my waist before frilling out ever so slightly. It was navy and looked wonderful with my white heels and white bag.

"You look beautiful." Rosé tells me, stepping up behind me.

"Thank you" I say, smiling.

"Come on, Jisoo isn't patient." She tells me. I smirk, stepping towards the door

"You just can't wait to see her." I tease, opening my door. She lets out a laugh, not denying it.

We round the corner, seeing Jisoo and Yeri standing at the door, Jisoo in her suit, making a smile appear on Rosé's face. Beside her, Yeri stood in a purple dress with black heels, her hair jet straight.

I notice Lisa standing beside the coffee table, her head turned towards us. Her eyes run over me from head to toe, a small smile on her lips.

"Ready?" I ask, stepping into the room. Yeri nods, taking in my loose curls.

"The car is waiting downstairs." Jisoo tells me, in an impatient tone, yet her eyes are focused on Rosé.

Yeri steps around her, pulling the door open, getting Jisoo to take her attention away from Rosé and to follow her out.

I turn and see Rosé beaming, knowing Jisoo had been looking at her. I wink, getting her to blush.

"See you two later." I say, moving my eyes to Lisa, my breath catching as I meet her brown eyes and tingles shoot through me.