Chapter Eighteen

I woke up the next morning, having had the best night's sleep in a long time. Lisa was pressed up against me, her hand on my stomach, her breath hitting my neck and her legs tangled with mine.

I instantly wanted to turn around and kiss her, wanting to show her how grateful I was that she had listened and taken care of me last night, show her I want us to be more than roommate and to show her that her morning glory, which I have come accustomed to, is doing things to me that have me thinking about her constantly.

However, since I came home that night after class, she has been weird. Not weird as the weirdness we have had before, but she seems to be distracted and aloof. She has hardly been at the flat since that morning. She comes back after class, gets changed and goes to practice. She comes back later than normal, normally just going to her room, not to be seen for the rest of the night.

When I try and talk to her I get one-word answers and feel like she doesn't want to talk to me. The first day, I put it down to her having an off day, yet it continues throughout the week.

Plus, the only time I have seen her in front of the TV, playing the PlayStation with Seulgi is when I come home from skating on Friday. I haven't seen them sitting there since before Monday and I pause as I walk in the door, expecting Lisa to have been in her room.

They both looked over at me, yet Lisa turned back to the TV after a brief glance. I moved my eyes to Seulgi to see her looking hesitant. Like she didn't know whether to leave or stay.

I saved them both the problem and went to my own room, annoyed at Lisa's behaviour.

It is Saturday and Seulgi is having a party for Lisa tonight as Lisa's parents are having a dinner tomorrow for her, on her actual birthday.

I think about what her present is, knowing it can't happen if she is still acting like this with me. I refuse to do it, knowing it would get her talking to me again, yet I know it wouldn't be because she wanted to.

"Rosé, I am not sure about this! She has made it clear the last week that she doesn't want to be around me!" I complain as she drags me across the street, both of us in cute dresses and high heels, our makeup freshly done and our hair jet straight.

"She does want to be around you. She is just being moody." She tells me, opening the door to Seulgi's apartment building and pushing me in.

"Well, I feel unwanted." I say, sighing as we make our way upstairs.

"Come on. She will have had a few drinks by now. She will have loosened up."

"Rosé, last time we drank and loosened up, we wound up in bed together, neither of us remembering the night." I remind her.

"Just don't drink so much."

"Good advice, Sherlock."

We make it to Seulgi's apartment, seeing it was already packed.

Rosé and I get talking to people as we walk in, meaning it takes us twenty minutes just to get to the kitchen. I see Lisa, Jinu, Seulgi and a few others from the team standing there.

"Hey, Rosé greets, getting them to turn around, all of them smiling, well expect Lisa. She scans my body before looking down at her cup, a frown on her face.

"This place is packed." Rosé comments, grabbing two red cups, handing one to me before pulling me towards them. I find myself standing beside Lisa. I make a point of not looking at her, annoyed that she is annoyed.

I have finished my cup by the time I hear the speakers start playing 'Last Friday Night'. Rosé turns to me with a grin.

"Jennie, come on. This is your song. You remember your eighteenth?" She says, excitedly before grabbing me and dragging me out of the room, going to the sitting room where people were dancing.