Chapter Twenty-Five

"So, apparently there is more to the reason Bobby brought Kuma over." Lisa declares, walking into the flat on Thursday. I look up from my laptop top, pushing my glasses up slightly.

I see Lisa's eyes run over my face, always seeming to like it when I wear them. I raise my eyebrows, feeling Kuma's head lift from my lap at his name.

"Oh?"

She steps in, closing the door behind her and walks over to the sofa, sitting, beside me, pecking my cheek before setting her bag pack on the ground beside her. I look at her questionably.

"So?"

"They want me to come home this weekend and made the excuse I had to bring Kuma back." I close the lid of my laptop, turning to her slightly.

"Why do they want you home?" I ask, resting my arm on the back of the sofa, bending it so I can rest my chin on it.

"Don't know." She sighs, leaning back against the back of the sofa, closing her eyes.

"What did you say?"

"I didn't get a chance to say anything. Mum phoned asking if I had a game. When I said yes, she said 'great. I can't make it this week, but we were thinking you should stay a night when you bring Kuma home'." She grumbles.

"Maybe she wants to spend time with you?" I offer. She grunts, not giving a response. "Did she say anything else?"

She finally opens her eyes and slowly meets mine, her eyes seeming to scan my face with my glasses again.

"No" she mumbles and I instantly know she is lying.

"So, you are going?" I ask, lifting my chin and reaching my hand out to place it in her hair. She leans into me ever so slightly in response, making me smile.

"Yeah." She answers, "Will you come?"

"I don't want to intrude on family time." I tell her, my voice sympathetic. She kisses my wrist, giving a small smile.

"You won't be. Mum invited you to." She admits. I blink, not giving a response straight away.

"So, is it your family that wants me there or you?" I ask, getting her eyes to snap to me, having been closed to kiss my wrist.

"Jennie, I didn't mean it like that. I want you there, truly. I would have asked you even if she hadn't mentioned it." She tells me, reaching for my hand, pulling it away from her head so she can reach for me, cupping my cheeks.

"Don't invite me if you don't want me there, Lisa." I whisper.

"I do want you there. Believe me, Jen." She says, her eyes continuing to search my face as if to see if I believe her. I lean forwards and peck her lips, pulling back enough to rest my forehead on her.

"Ok" I say softly.

"Good" she says, sounding happy I agreed.

"When does she want us there for?" I ask, pulling back.

"After my game. That ok with you?" She asks.

"I have no plans." I say.

"I'll warn you, my room is between Seunghyun's and Bobby's. You'll have to keep your hands to yourself for one night." she says, amused. I raise my eyebrows, smirking and leaning towards her again.

"We could be quiet." I say, my voice lowering.

"You don't know the meaning." She says, amused. I reel back in mock offence as she smirks.

"I do. I just don't have to be quiet here." I say, rolling my eyes.

"I don't believe you." She says, laughing. I narrow my eyes, leaning forward and setting my laptop on the coffee table. She watches me, her eyes turning intense.