Chapter Thirty-Two

"What?" Jisoo growls, tightening her hold on me. I sob, my body shaking and having no way to control myself. My self-control lasted until I got here and I know there is no way to get it back.

She keeps ahold of me as she backs us further into the house and leading me to the sitting room, sitting us both down on the sofa.

"Jisoo? You still here? You forgot you're-" Yeri's voice rings out before she cuts herself off. I know she is in the room without having to turn around. I listen to her feet on the floor as she approaches before her arms circle me as well.

"Jennie, you have to tell us what happened." Jisoo tells me softly. I hiccup, hardly being able to hear anything over the sound of my heart beating in my chest.

I stumble my way through the story, taking longer than it should as I keep breaking down throughout it. Jisoo and Yeri rub my back as I speak, yet I refuse to look at either.

No one speaks when I finish and they simply allow me to cry for a further ten minutes before I settle. Once settled, Jisoo slowly lowers me to the sofa, allowing me to lie down. She pulls a blanket over me, kissing my forehead.

"I have to phone mum and say I won't-" Jisoo starts, yet I shake my head.

"Go." I insist.

"But-"

"Go. Yeri is here." I say, giving a soft smile. She looks at us, looking unsure.

"It's fine." Yeri reassures, getting her to nod and give me one last look before leaving for hockey practice. "Jennie, why did you leave? You told her you would talk to her about this."

"I couldn't. She kept asking me what I thought and I saw it written on her face. She wanted me to tell her to stay. I can't do that and yet it breaks my heart to tell her to leave." I whisper, biting my lip.

"When is she due out of practice?" She asks. I shrug my shoulder before sighing and answering. She checks her watch and perches her lips. Soon then.

"She will worry."

"Phone Rosé then. Please, I can't speak to anyone."

She nods, grabbing her phone and holding it to her ear. I listen to her tell Rosé everything before telling her to tell her that I was at home and was ok. I listen to Rosé demand to speak to me, yet Yeri tells her I will phone later.

After, Yeri sits beside me, her hand in mine as she stares into the unlit fireplace.

"I got a tattoo." I whisper after a while. Her eyes move to me, yet her face doesn't change. She doesn't look surprised yet only a little questioning. "So did she." At those words, she looks at me with pity. "Mine says 'Property of Lisa Manoban' and her says, 'Property of Jennie Kim'. How stupid. We have been together for over a month and here I am forever having a tattoo of the name of a guy who isn't meant to be mine."

My voice is low, quiet and detached sounding. Yeri doesn't respond, merely lying down beside me, hugging me.

Ten minutes later my phone starts. The first time Yeri picks it up and I see Lisa's name, yet she has rejected it before I have a chance to say anything, We listen to it ring twice more before Yeri peels herself away from me and takes my phone into the other room.

I hear the murmurs of her talking, yet I feel too detached from my body to move. When she comes back a few minutes later, she looks conflicted and settles down beside me again.

"I told her not to come up here."

"Thank you."

"She said if you aren't back before the game on Saturday she is coming up here whether you wanted to see her or not." She tells me, almost a whisper. I nod, knowing she wouldn't stay away for long.

We lie like that until mum and Jisoo come home. Mum doesn't ask, making me guess Jisoo already told her. She disappears and comes back with a duvet and a massive tub of ice cream. She gets me to sit up and hands me the ice cream before she puts a movie on.

We all sit on the large sofa, side by side and I stare at the TV, not really watching it as the duvet is placed over everyone and the ice cream is passed around.

By the time I am going to my old room, I feel compliantly drained and detached. I don't even feel like me anymore. It's like I am a zombie walking around and I collapse into the bed in my old room, thankful Lisa has never been here.