Anniversary Gift ♪ Nijimura Shuzo

N I J I M U R AS   P O V

I remember the day that you and I got married. You were wearing a simple white wedding dress. Akashi was my best man and you made Momoi your maid of honor. It was a simple ceremony. But you, on the other hand, was the most beautiful lady, wearing that simple dress. You were even crying. I was flustered when I saw you wiped your tears. When you finally reached me, you complimented me. I can still remember your exact words.

“You really look so handsome, Shuzo." You said, smiling at me. I was taken aback, blushing because of your words and your radiant smile.

“You're so beautiful, [First Name].” I said, smiling. I can't seem to take my eyes off of the most beautiful scenery I've ever seen and love. You.

How ironic. It has been five years since we've got married. And today is our fifth anniversary. Do you remember? Every time we're celebrating our anniversary, instead of me giving you gifts to make you happy, it was always you who gave me gifts. Remember on our  very first anniversary? You baked a cake that looks like a rainbow for me. You said it was because you were inspired by my middle school teammates. It was really delicious, and I was really happy.

Shuzo! Come here, look! I baked you a cake!” I heard you say from the kitchen. I made my way to the kitchen and looks at you.

“Happy first anniversary, Shuzo! Doesn't this cake remind you of Akashi-kun and the others?” You chuckled and show me a rainbow-colored cake.

“It's beautiful [First Name], just like you.” I said and smiled at you.

“Oh shush with the compliment. Come here and taste it.” You said gesturing for me to come closer, and so I did.

You gave me a fork, and I accepted it while you took your time cutting the cake and gave me a portion of it. I took it and scoop a bit with my fork. I eat it, savoring the taste, before completely swallowing it.

“It's delicious, [First Name]. Good job.”

On our second anniversary, you gave me the best gift I can ever receive. Our daughter. And even though I kept my cool that day when you told me you're pregnant, I was in fact very very happy that I absentmindedly called Akashi and the others to share the good news.