Chapter Two

As Dawncloud left her den she had made out of twolegs rubbish, she slowly walked into the wooded area in front of her. She walked slowly, making sure she didn't step on the sharp clear rocks that cut her delicate paws. She hated these woods, but she knew she had to push the hatred down for the sake of her kits. She hoped her task wouldn't take long, as she knew her kits wouldn't nap for much longer.

She glanced around her, and then let a wale escape her throat. Then there was an eerie silence, with only neighboring kittypets letting out their tiring meows. She heard loud rustling from closely behind her, and before she could turn around, she felt something jump on her. She hissed loudly as she jumped up, her fur bristling and claws unsheathing . A fluffy, gray she-cat purred loudly, knowing she had successfully scared Dawncloud. She slowly got off of her shocked friend, and stood in front of her, grooming her paws.

"What are you doing in these parts of the woods, Livi?" She asked, continuing to groom herself.

Dawncloud looked up at her fluffy friend and hissed, "Don't call me that, Dovefur! My name is Dawncloud! Besides, it's important that I talk to you."

Dovefur shot her a curious expression, and replied with, "Oh really? I'd imagine so, since you haven't seemed to come talk to me after those kits of yours were born."

She had said it in such a mocking tone, that Dawncloud knew she was playing with her, and took no offense to it. As she explained the prophecy she believed she received, Dovefur listened completely, her eyes wide with amazement. It was almost as if Dovefur was interested by Dawncloud's recollection of the meeting with Echofeather. Although she never knew her personally.

Once the young she-cat finished telling her about her recollection of the prophecy, Dovefur asked, "So, what's the plan?"

Dawncloud looked intrigued, her ears perking up with every word her only friend spoke. "Plan?" she asked.

"Well, you are going to follow through with what you were told? If you received a prophecy, isn't it your destiny to fulfill it?" Dovefur went on, she stopped grooming herself and titled her head in full curiosity.

"Yes of course," Dawncloud replied, gazing the direction of her kits.

"Then we need a plan, Silly," Dovefur purred circling around her destined friend.

"We?" Dawncloud questioned, her ears perked to the highest they could be.

"You're trying to get rid of me, aren't you?" Dovefur replied smirking, rubbing up against her.

Before Dawncloud could object, Dovefur started walking to the twolegs den beside the woods. Her cubby paws too excited to mind the sharp rocks that pierced her pads.

"Of course! When should we begin?," Dawncloud asked, sprinting after her.

She looked up as she felt drops fall on her, as the rain fell coldy onto her fur. Her kits would be moved in the twolegs den if Dawncloud didn't hide them.

"Maybe tonight," Dovefur replied as a short twolegs ran over to her and scooped her up.

Dawncloud hissed at the twolegs before running back to her den. She knew her kits would eventually wake up, and they'd need her when they did. There was too many preparations that needed to be made before their journey started.