Debt

"I forgot to grab the phone!" Answers the mysterious man who accidentally shot Anna and excuses his failure with. "It was just a mess and I heard people running towards us, I'm sorry."

"It's alright!" Expresses Anna without much energy on her tone but it's easy to notice that she isn't pleased, one glance at her face and anyone could understand that. "Do you think he will text me again?"

Even at such a situation she is asking about the blackmailer, it just shows that he has drained a lot of her energy so far.

It isn't easy to handle all those tears and stress, coming from an ex lover. Sending such explicit images may not be the best idea but she didn't think it will come to this point.

Thinking about how the blackmailer's bone cracked, the Invisible boxer states. "I'm not sure what his next move will be but I think you should feel free for at least a few weeks because I roughed him up really bad."

The mysterious man is trying to sound and look brave, so he offers more help. "If that bad person bothers you again, we will stage another meeting. He won't be able to escape my hands again."

He's even trying to make Anna feel happy, but the lady is just carrying a dissatisfied look on her face.

Giving a glance at her eye, he thought to himself. "What have you gone through to lose an eye?" And right after wondering if it's related to the blackmailer. 

With money constantly going through her mind, she broke the silence with a little question. "Did you at least grab the envelope? It had 4,000£ inside."

Although the amount big indeed, her tone made it sound like she is talking about 10£.

Feeling a bit embarrassed and rubbing the back of his head again the tall buff man standing besides her, expresses as if holding his voice in. "I forgot to grab that too, but I think money won't be a problem for you anymore."

Giving a stressful sigh, thinking about all the money she could have paid back if she got her hands on that envelope again, the situation just can't get worse from here.

But she still hung on to those small pieces of words. "How wouldn't it be a problem? That jackass has made my life a living hell!"

Apparently her tone arose now, it felt a lot less lifeless. But one thing was made certain, most of her emotions contain rage and pain.

"I have a lot of money to spare, especially for such a case where you have been taken victim by a Blackmailer." His thick tone is hard to not pay attention to, but he has this thick dialect and his words roll out so smoothly.

You would think that this boxer man could tell her that a loved one died and would still convince her to feel happy about it with his tone. "I will help you get rid of all the debt you have."

Bewildered of such help coming from a stranger when just a day ago such a tragedy came from a loved one, she just became direct about it. "What's your name?"

"I'm Jack." He answered shortly with no aims of giving a last name and eager to hear more of what Anna has to say.

"Look Jack, you helped me a lot last night but I think this situation will turn out for the worst." She tried to say that he made the situation worse, if he didn't interrupt then perhaps the blackmailer would get entirely out of her life.

But her wordplay towards Jack shows concern, "I don't want you to be around and get hurt. I wasted a lot of tears and I don't want to cry more thinking about your death, I don't want you to die."

"He is just a low life blackmailer, I promise you we will get rid of him but for now we need to take care of the main issue." His courage indeed grabbed her attention but annoyed her a little bit because she couldn't convince him. "How deep are you in debt?"

Seeing that there is no way to convince this man otherwise, Anna just tries to cooperate temporarily so the amount can scare him off. "In the bank or..."

"Regardless of where or who you own it too, tell me how much you are in debt!" Jack insisted as he stood tall besides the bed she's taking rest on, with a face that shows good enthusiasm to solve this problem. "Think about it to every last detail."

The lady notices that her plan is on the way to failing, he still didn't flinch even though Anna owes money not just to the bank but also to other people.

So she just gave it a little thought and answers, "Um, there is mom and dad. I owe them 700£!"

"I can afford to pay that!" His tone arose a little bit showing noticeable enthusiasm, even at a high pitch for once actually. "Who else?"

"Um, I think I owe around 3,000£ to all my friends combined!" She answered once more, feeling more than sure that this part of the debt will finally scare him off and let her handle this problem on her own.

But no no, Jack's tone still remains full of enthusiasm while answering. "I can pay that too and I'm assuming the last debt is to the bank?" 

His wordplay this time, made her feel like he is close to giving up. I mean he already agreed to pay a debt of 3,700£.

"What maniac would give all that money to a stranger?" She thought as she kept a bewildered look on her face.

With all her guts hoping that Jack will just give up already, Anna adds. "No, I also owe 2,600£ to my coworkers."

His tone sunk a bit this time, but surprisingly he still agrees. "I will pay that too, you don't have to worry about it."

Now she began to be suspicious, why would he give all that money? 

But this time she didn't beat around the bush, straight ahead asking. "What do you want from me? Why are you paying all my debts?" 

With her face turning from pale and reactionless to her nose red with a bit of anger, she continues to ask. "What will you get out of this?"