Bobcat

"Trust me, it's going to be okay. I've done this a thousand times." Jack encourages, leading them to a close by restaurant.

"But I don't think restaurants have blood." Ali points out, being an owner himself, he understands what sells and what doesn't.

Understanding what they took wrong, which is't a surprise because Jack forgot to explain, he cites. "No no, this boy never tried blood so we need to feed him something lighter at first."

...

"Chicken burger, cabbage salad, grape juice, raw carrots, 100grams of semi-raw lamb meat, coke and yogurt... for the boy." Listed down a waiter the order of which Jack had him order, leaning towards the young brown boy, the waiter whispers and points. "The bathroom is that way, just in case."

Glancing at Jack and Ali, the waiter adds. "Your cheese burgers will be here in a minute."

Not quite sure how to comprehend this, Ali utters. "This isn't blood. You will give the boy high blood pressure at this young age."

Trying to break down what's happening here, Jack deciphers. "It's not supposed to be blood, the boy can go crazy if he actually drinks blood directly, he needs to go through step one."

Actually optimistic towards this opportunity, but still curious, Amar queries. "So... this food will help me control my..."

Well informed of such procedure considering being a vampire himself, Jack assures. "Well not right away, but yes it will set up a base. Once you reach the point of being able to drink blood, you'll gain full control. But for now, this meal should lift your mood."

Trying so hard to understand how this works, Ali asks. "So his happiness is based on..."

"Exactly!" Jack cuts the man's words short since he was being tad loud here, furthermore laying a base of how this works. "He needs it to function. For him this is like drinking a glass of water a day only... for 17 years, it's no surprise that he's sad. In fact he isn't even sad, just has a cloudy mind."

While the two adults took time with this explanation, Amar has already  started eating the meals in front of him bit by bit. Actually seeing the boy's eyes light up with hope for the better, Ali murmurs. "Everyone in the family owns his boy an apology."

Having it hard to comprehend what Ali just said, Jack immediately asks with a loud whisper. "Your entire family knows about his... abilities?"

Realizing why Jack asked that question, understanding the risks if more people know about this, Ali explains as if being the boy's lawyer. "No, only his parents. My brother called me one day, wanting to find a cure, thinking his boy is possessed. A few imams... well scholars, know what he's capable of but I doubt they will see our faces again."

Wanting to consider the boy's safety, the boxer advises. "Good then,  know that your nephew can be easily dragged to a lab, warn your brothers to keep this a secret."

...

"How do you feel?" Questions jack, curious how the boy is faring as they're walking away from the restaurant.

"Like a balloon." Amar answers right away, expecting this question.

"Give it an hour, you'll be hungry again." What Jack said right now isn't quite easy to believe, Amar has eaten like 4 people and the burps are already erupting.

Agile to express, Amar cites. "I don't think so, I've ate for 8 days."

Happy to talk so freely about this for once, Jack started stating facts like some kind of over motivated scholar. "Oh trust me, I gave you a head start, unlocked what's been slowing you down. Now your entire system, your body is shifting towards what you're truly born to be!"

"Uhhh..." Mumbled Amar, feeling weird inside and expecting the worst to happen.

Touching his nose, the young teenager notices it missing but this time... it isn't like what happened last time, where his nose just randomly appeared or disappeared.

"What is it?" Asks Ali, most concerned over the boy's well being.

"Opa!" Amar shouted, feeling his feet leave the ground as that unfightable itch to jump, over took his sense of logic.

Gazing up, they witness the young teenager floating about 5 meters above ground, landing without a bruise and jumping again, repeating with a holler. "I'm a bobcat!"

Thankfully they've taken an empty alleyway just in case something out of the ordinary happens. Because although Jack well knowledged about his own powers, he can't really predict what Amar can do.

This teenage boy has almost completely different abilities, the only relation between them is the glowing hand and that crave for blood.

"Stop jumping boy!" Ali demands as they chase the agile teenager, at this rate Jack feels happier about not letting Amar sip blood directly.

"Look uncle, I'm a bobcat!" Amar shouted, possibly alarming any other person who heard him through this alley from the comfort of their homes.

Entrusted to keep his nephew safe, Ali still shouts with panic growing stronger. "Okay but slow down or everyone else will see you!"

Asking nicely won't cut it here, so while chasing the boy, Jack uses his years of training as a boxer, to run and leap as much as he can before Amar jumps too high again.

Finding the exact moment when he met the ground, Jack leaps forward and catches the bobcat.

But this boy is more powerful than the boxer expected, Amar takes a leap again and lifts the whole Jack half a meter above the ground, dragging him along through mid air.

"As much as I like how happy he is, I didn't expect this." Ali expresses, giving out a large sigh because of all the running as he gazed at Jack holding the boy down.

More concerned about being caught, Jack pitches. "We need to get him in my apartment, this outburst has just started."

Not liking the idea of sending the boy in a whole other family in such a situation, Ali contradicts. "No no, we will take him home." 

Having it hard to hold the boy down, Jack still insists. "We don't want to spook his parents, plus my apartment is just down the block, I live alone."