3

Class came and ended in a flurry of ominous jumps and small quivers. It was impressive, truly entertaining, to see various professors go ram rock straight at the sight of Josephine. They weren't expecting to see her another year. Some of them found them in themselves to mutter under their breath.

Repeating a year of school had not been on Josephine's list of many things to do, but in reality, when did anyone? School was more a playground to her than a facility. Games and glee, she thought like always. Not books and boredom.

Josephine kicked out her legs, seeing the veiled sock ram underneath the wooden desks. Classes were vague. They were all books and boredom and burdens and—

She haltered. Camillo Russo had just entered the room.

A sort of loom fell beyond the class, more in the females than male. But there was no surprise, Camillo was dashing. What with all a heartbreakingly handsome face, dark hair that pooled like black sunlight, a strand or two cropping the front of his face. And dusted brown eyes, deep enough to drown.

In a sweep, he scanned the room failing the appearance of Lexi's puffed up chest and coy lips. Instead, he fell flat to Josephine. And smiled.

Serenity rolled her eyes. Josephine opened her mouth, but it was Lexi who stepped between the two, ending whatever Camillo had been planning. She ushered Camillo to take a seat next to her, and in a twisted sort of trance he followed, if not for the banes of his eyesight not taking off of Josephine.

Students were dozing in their chairs, their books laid across the concrete pavement. Josephine dared a glance to Camillo, who had been eyeing her all afternoon. He stood.

She heard him speak to her. "Another year, eh, Josephine? I didn't think I'd see you again here. Friendless and all."

"What about your darling, Lexi?" Josephine said cooly from her seat. Lexi winced. "I think I know her, Russo."

"Let's not have any formalities between us, Josephine. As with the rest of you," Camillo said grandely, his gesture extending to not on Serenity and Josephine, but to the rest of the class as well. A cunning appearance of pearly teeth sinking into a chagrin smile made way on his face, if only it reached Josephine's respect.

It didn't.

"Call me Camillo. We are going to be together for a year now, so it would be best for us to become close as soon as possible. I'll be dependent on you from now on and henceforward. For the better." Then the slightest hint of a bow, perhaps a bit of deviance as he said, "Or for the worse."

    Lexi flushed, a glimmer blooming in the crevices of  emerald adorning her eyes. She watched Camillo wholly, imperious to the state of dissolute she was in to Serenity's tempest smile and the student's continuous bobbing of his words. Josephine scoffed at Lexi. It was stupid to fall for a man's words. Speaking was one thing, but actions were another.

And Josephine knew which one to watch. She knew which one Lexi would break at.

Camillo did not rest his eyes off of Lexi, to which Lexi beamed even more, before flickering away to Josephine. A sight uneven and dark, stormed his eyes. A hidden intention coming to bear fruit in the near future. For what Josephine knew, it was sex.

Camillo had other ideas. He sat next to her. Josephine spoke first. "A little birdie told me that you went to the hospital over summer. Head trauma." She looked at his face. "It's a shame that they didn't fix anything."

There was a flicker of something dark, and cold, before the arrogant player returned. "Oh, I don't know, Josephine." Camillo added with extra air as he wrapped an arm around her shoulders as if they were familiar. They weren't. "Repeating a year is one thing, now you talk to birds as well?"

"I talk to anything that bothers to tell me information."

Camillo found himself in a laugh. The shake of his head rolled off any annoyance Josephine projected in his wake. "You call my personal problems useful information?"

"Useful in a sense that you don't want people to know." Josephine didn't smile. "Or so I've heard."

Camillo cleared his throat. "Perhaps I should find this little birdie."

"But that's not why you're here." She leaned in her chair. "Idle chat doesn't seem to suit you."

"No," Camillo grinned in a way that revealed otherwise. "It isn't."

Josephine said, "Sex?"

Camillo launched into a coughing fit. Josephine sucked her teeth. "Can you blame me?"

Again, that ghost smile crept onto Camillo's beautiful face. "I might enjoy a night or two, but I am civilized, Josephine."

She levied a stare. "Is that what you say before or after bed?"

"No, what I really need for you, darling Josephine," Shifting the conversation sideways, he drawled to her hands, and Josephine flashed him a glare. He removed them. "I need you to make someone fall in love with you."

She could have laughed. "Who?"

Camillo's eyes were no longer pretty. They were dead and full of sweet venom.

"Dante Valencio."

What do you guys thinks of Camillo? And since we've been introduced to the two love interests, which one do you prefer and why?

I realize both of them are a bunch of pricks right now,  but don't worry. There's a lot of room for character development!

What do you guys think of Camillo's and Lexi's relationship? Do you think it'll last long?

Much love and thanks.

-Mel

Vote. Comment. Enjoy.