14

Dante did not look impressed. "You're telling me you want my parents' eyes off of you?"

Camillo angled his head, dark locks of hair falling onto his beautiful face. "Isn't that what I was saying?"

Dante blinked. "I can't do that."

"Sure you can!"

Beatrix cut in, taking a stride forward. "He can't, Camillo."

Josephine had already begun filming anew once another banter had arose below. Given the context, the confusion that rippled across Josephine's heart, and the subjects alien to herself,  Josephine decided on a few minutes more and she would leave.

It had been a few minutes more.

Camillo huffed an air of amusement, "Well, Dante over here can call daddy and mommy and tell them dear old Camillo had nothing to do with it."

"My parents want blood, Camillo. Your blood." Dante said. Josephine could have touched the darkness in his words, could have bathed it. "It doesn't matter how many they have to butcher  to appease them." His gaze followed to Valentina. "Even your pretty sister could do."

Camillo lost his smile. "Is that a threat?"

Dante's eyes were so full of shadows. "You're the one who refuses to tell me the truth of his death."

"You're the one who refuses to listen." The accusation was sly, rigid.

Beatriz was the only one brave enough to scoff. But it was Valentina who had intejected, as she asked, "How can we trust you? I'm sure you've not forgotten of  Isla's demise." A glare to the goblin-haired Isla at that, before returning.  "Who's to say you won't do the same?"

The tan boy besides the girl said promptly. "Isla wouldn't go back on her word. Not for this."

"Like you would know her at all," The twin boy scoffed, low enough to be a whisper, but loud enough for all to hear.

"I know Isla very well." The tan boy answered. "I mean, " The barest hint of a sadistic smile arose, especially as he said, "that's why she chose me, and not you."

The stillness of the trees could be heard with those words. Relationships boated between them, stupid, pitiful relationships full of heartbreak and sorrow.

Josephine filmed on.

"Oh, so you're together? I've seem to have forgotten to congratulate you two." The words were flat—flat and yet sharp, especially as the twin's gaze ripped into them. With something sinister. Something full of hurt. "How lovely."

Isla said nothing.

"How long?" He said instead. "How long has it been since you've been together?"

The female didn't dare meet his eyes.

Only the tan boy held the twin's stare. Held it with a face of ugly rage simmering between identical faces of utter calm. Josephine realized that both pairing of the twin must have been strung along by the female. They both watched her like feral cats.

Isla stepped away from her lover. Josephine couldn't help but snigger.

He noticed the action. The twin boy said a bit too calmly, "Oh no, please don't stop on my account."

Oh. So spite ran between the pair. A look of surprise from the female twin mirrored Josephine's.

The twin boy crossed his arms, and traced his smile to Isla's lover. "When you fuck her, have you noticed that she likes going on all fours right before she climaxes?"