Annabeth and her dad

Annabeth, a beautiful woman with beautiful black hair and brown eyes, walks through the castle. She walks straight to the throne room straight to her father giving him a bow. "You wish to see me father?" She asks looking at him. 

"Yes my dear you will come to Persia with me and you will be picking a husband." He answered. She looks into her father shocked and scared but mostly worried but not for herself. 

"But father what about our enemies? Wouldn't they find Persia as a target and come attacking them just to get what they want?" She asked worried. 

"Of course they would but the guards and princes are strong enough. They can fix the problems." He answers looking in her eyes as he stands up. He walked straight to her placing his hand on her shoulder. "Look Annabeth my dear daughter i know you are scared because of what happened and what will happen. It won't you don't need to worry about a thing. I will be right here for you." He told her looking at her. She smiles as she hugs her father. 

"Thank you father." She said as she released and bows to him before walking out to get everything ready for the ride to Persia. 

During the ride she looks around right before the two of them reaches into Persia. She wasn't into diamonds and jewels like normal princesses. Instead she had just a black dress and heals. She looks at her father as he rides a head scared himself. She was shocked to the sight of this since he was never scared. He was the strongest of them all. 

What could have spooked Annabeth's father so much?