11. M U T U M B O

"(Y/N)! Get out of your room already!"

Mina whined, slamming open my dorm room. I was cooped up in there, pen in my hand as I scribbled sad and dark lyrics in a notebook truing to formulate some kind of song. Sure, I was sulking...but break ups really sucked.

She hopped on the bed next to me, shaking me by my shoulders. My head spun lightly as I brushed her off, scribbling out another line of words. Mina rolled her eyes, "Get over him already!" She pestered, grabbing my notebook and chucking it across the room. I just sat there, dropping the pen and slouching.

"I can't...he was just a really good person, I fucked it up," I murmured, fiddling with my fingers. Mina sighed loudly, leaning back on her elbows as I sat in a ball in sadness in front of her. "Yeah, you did..." she admitted, causing me to snap my head around.

"Mina!" I scolded in shock, in response she just started cackling.

Her pink hair bounced as she shook her head and got up. "Bakugou is looking for you...he wants to go to some freestyle pit in butt fuck nowhere and you're the only one who can do it apparently," She explained, turning on my light. I squinted, covering my eyes eventually from the bright light. 

I was reminded of when Bakugou and I used to freestyle together during freshman year. We were unstoppable...everyone around us would fucking obliterated if they challenged us. The thought made me smile, resulting in Mina letting out a gasp. "And the emo bitch finally smiles!" She exclaimed, an enormous grin on her face.

"Fine, I need to get out of here," I sighed, standing up. Mina frowned at my complexion, "Go to the kitchen, you look....not the best. I'll get you ready just get dressed and actually eat something that isn't cereal, please!" She nagged, walking out of the room. I shook my head, closing the door after her and removing my worn out t shirt. 

It was my first appearance anywhere outside of school for two whole weeks. I was never this hung up on anything, but I really was torn up over it. 

"Might as well look good," I murmured, grabbing my black pants with red decaling. I quickly kicked off my sweatpants and put them on, alongside fastening the high waist with a belt. I shoved my feet into platforms and shoved on a mesh long sleeve crop top, shoving a tight white one over it. It was a basic outfit, but I thought it was still pretty cute.

I walked out of my room, knowing my hair was thrown up and disgusting and that my face was probably drained from sulking so much. I kept my head low, getting in the elevator and going down to the lobby. The dinging was background noise as I scrolled through my notifications, automatically walking out when the doors slid open.

"(Y/N)?" Denki asked from the couch, just as surprised to see me. I gave him a short wave, not looking up from my phone. Going completely against Mina's advice, I poured myself some cereal and went to the counter. "You...feeling okay?" Sero asked, walking to the other side of the counter. I put down my phone, putting on a facade as I shoved cereal in my mouth and hummed a yes. 

The boys were surprised at my nonchalant behavior. "Thats Bakugou's cereal..." Kirishima warned, making me roll eyes and look down at it. It was some protein shit, just the thing a gym rat like him would enjoy. "Thats why it tastes like cat piss..." I murmured, looking up the Mina walked in with what seemed to be a years worth supply of hair and makeup supplies.

"If that is fucking cereal- and it is. (Y/N), your stomach probably fucking despises you," Mina spouted curses left and right as she already started working on my hair. She always did my makeup and such when she was bored, so this wasn't any different. I groaned as she raked a brush through it, ripping away the knots.

I eventually finished my cereal as she sprayed random shit in my hair, making it its natural texture but with a whole lot more effort than I ever put into it. I happily chat with the three boys in front of me, talking about random stuff that Denki spouted. It eventually got cut short when Iida walked in, looking extremely exhausted.