12. P O N Y

"Mr. Aizawa, I want to change my song for the final exam."

I bursted into my classroom with the statement after school. He raised a brow, looking extremely stressed out. In a bit of disbelief, the teacher leaned back and sighed. "The final exams that are in two days...you want to change it now," He groaned.

I nodded, knowing the final exams were Friday afternoon. I had decided I didn't want to sing a pop song anymore, instead a slow song. Aizawa sighed, tying up his hair and nodding. "Normally, I would say no, but you look pretty dead set on this," the tired teacher explained. 

"Sit. This is gonna take a while."

--------

"(Y/N)! I'm nervous! I don't want to go anymore!" Mina was panicking in front of me, standing in the side wings of the stage. 

It was the day of the final exams and nearly every student was having a panic attack. It was rightfully deserved, though. The whole idea of these exams was to pick a genre we weren't comfortable with. I looked to Kaminari on stage now who was singing some grunge song, but it was almost finished.

I was half dressed, assisting Mina who was in her full getup. She was wearing black jeans, a white t-shirt, and a big leather jacket. She was singing Black Hole Sun by soundgarden, so it wasn't that surprising seeing her in such an outfit. 

"Its okay Mina! You practiced for hours, you're gonna be fine!" I snapped, my heart dropping at the sound of the music stopping. She looked just as scared, but I quickly fanned her off before grabbing her shoulders.

"Just take a breath, you can do it," I said. She seemed to swallow her fear, quickly sucking in air before nodding. I let go of her, watching her close as she exited the side wing to the stage. As much as I wanted to support my best friend, I needed to actually finish getting ready.

I had a simple outfit, its just that mina dragged me out halfway through because she nearly couldn't breath. I ran into the dressing room, throwing off my hoodie and putting on my white tank top. I was just wearing blue jeans, a white tank top, and an oversized jacket. It was the epitome of basic, but I wanted my focus to be on my song. It meant a lot to me...it was about someone who meant way too much me.

When I finished my outfit, I ran right back out, wanting to watch Mina. "Fuck," I muttered as I realized she was done with it. She put the mic back in the stand, whipping her head around to. the side stage and rushing off. I smiled, outstretching my arms for a hug.

She nearly tackled me, but I figured out how to maintain my balance with her tackle-hugs. "Holy shit! I actually did it! No mess ups, just like you said!" She shouted as she separated from me. Her hands were trembling in mine as I tried to calm her down.  "I knew you were watching, I just thought about you and I practically aced it!" She pulled me into another hug, causing me to cringe at how I wasn't there for a second of it. 

I just nodded, hugging her back. "Wanna watch the performances? Who's next?" I asked, looking to the stage. I saw a blur of purple, knowing already that it was Hitoshi. 

"Come on, it'll calm you down," I whispered, grabbing her hand and going through the backstage until we entered the seating area. I was lucky that they left the first two rows to students and teachers. From what I could see, Hitoshi was singing some acoustic feel-good romance song. I chuckled at it, feeling Mina still trembling beside me.