13. T R I G G E R E D

Only one more performance...then my turn.

Sounds easy when I just put it that way, but truly, it was one of the most nerve racking things in the world.

I took a breath, shaking my hands and jumping in place just a little bit as I breathed. I was trying to psyche myself up, knowing I was nearly paralyzed with how nervous I was. 

"(Y/N)," I turned my head at the sound of my name, my face dropping as I realized it was Todoroki. I should've recognized the voice, and this was definitely who I didn't need to talk to right now. "Hey," I choked out, shoving my hands in my pockets nervously. Shit, I really couldn't talk to him right now...but it may help for my performance.

He looked casually to the stage, nodding slightly. "You're going soon right-"

"I'm sorry,"  I blurted out, quickly slapping a hand over my mouth. God, I just couldn't do small talk with him. We left off so rocky and I needed him to understand, but it wasn't the right time. Before I could even attempt to stop myself, I started rambling. "It wasn't right of me, anything I put you through. I want you to know I'm trying to grow from that, and I just needed to apologize really quickly," I explained, my voice cracking as the words left my mouth.

Everything was happening too fast, it was already my turn to go up. I turned my head towards the stage as everyone started clapping from the last person who went. With fear in my eyes, I turned back to Todoroki. I wanted an answer from him before I went up, maybe a "I forgive you" if I was truly lucky.

Alas, the boy nodded. "Okay," he simply stated, stopping his sentence there. Did...he just say okay to my apology. I blinked a couple times, about to say something before I was called onto the stage. I gaped slightly, dry laughing in disbelief as I turned back around. I swallowed my words, walking up to the stage. 

Once I entered, I heard the crowd cheer. I couldn't focus on that, though. Did he seriously just say okay!? Okay? ...to my apology. Was I seriously that much of a bitch to him? I didn't mean to be, I ... is this even his fault? I'm going through a lot-

"stop playing the victim," I whispered to myself, thanking the stage crew who put the stool in the center of the stage. It was a simple wooden stool, going alongside the simplicity of my performance.

I was still in disbelief of what Todoroki said to me, but the song was starting, I had to sing. 

"Go figure," I started, noticing how the audience silenced at my voice. "You were the trigger," I sang, looking at the crowd. My eyes landed on Todoroki who had just sat down...fuck, could I even do this?  "You brought me to an obstructed view...when you knew the picture was bigger," I hummed into the mic. 

My fingers tightened around it as I thought back to his words. His 'okay' was playing in repeat in my head. "Who am I kiddin'? Knew from the beginning," I shook my head, knowing Mina was anticipating my next move.

"You'd ruin everything, you do it every time. You are my enemy, you are no friend of mine, motherfucker," instead of pointing to Todoroki, I turned my hand, pointing a finger to my chest. Sure, it didn't seem like such a big deal, but to me it was. "Uh, you motherfuckin' right. You motherfuckin' right, I'm bitter," I realized I ruined the relationship after blaming Todoroki for leaving for weeks now. 

"You motherfuckin' right, I'm triggered, You motherfuckin' right, I-" I looked to the crowd, sucking in a breath, dropping my hand to my lap. "-wanna fuck you right now,"  I chuckled at the lyric, it was a defeated laugh...an attempt to not cry. 

"I just turned the lights out now and you know when the sun go down," I looked back to Todoroki, mustering up a small smile, "That's when it would all go down.