E P I L O U G E

I sighed as I entered my house, quickly putting my bag down and closing the front door. I had gotten back from the recording studio and just wanted to relax at this point.

I froze up when I heard a familiar melody on the piano. Curiously, I started walking forward to the living room, where Shoto's grand piano was. "Like a river flows," my husband's rich voice sung out. I just shook my head, laughing to myself. I anticipated the next lyric, surprised when I didn't hear it for a moment.

"Surely to the sea!" To say I nearly died when I heard my daughter's voice happily sing out the next words as if she just remembered them. I turned the corner to the living room, standing in the doorway as the two joyfully song. They were yet to see me, which made it even better. "Darling so it goes, some things are meant to be," Shoto was playing the piano melody for our nine year old daughter, singing every other lyric with her.

"Take my hand," Kotone, our daughter, happily sung along. Her voice was much more jovial than Shoto's smooth one. It was heartwarming seeing the two share the moment, "Take my whole life too," My husband added on, his much deeper voice sounding so natural.

"For I can't help falling in love with you," they sung in unison. Kotone clapped wildly, cheering that they apparently finished it correctly for the first time. "Now, how about you play the-"

Shoto's sentence was cut off by Kotone realizing I was standing there. "Mommy!" she shouted, pushing off the piano bench and sprinting forward. I laughed, opening my arms up and lifting her up in a hug. "Hey baby," I hummed, looking to my husband. 

He looked down in defeat, done with trying to teach his daughter the piano. He had been trying to for months but our hyperactive girl would never sit down for more than five minutes to learn something. Slowly, he closed the piano, standing up with a smile. 

"Were you and daddy playing music?" I asked Koto, to which she nodded rapidly. I laughed slightly, brushing her bright white hair behind her ear, her bright (e/c) eyes staring at me with love. "Wheres your brother?" I asked, looking over to Shoto as he walked over. 

Before Koto could answer, Shoto looked around. "He just said he was going to go over his friends house, ah, there he is," he gestured to our older son, Setsuko, who was rushing down the staircase. I smiled at the boy, putting down Koto to go talk to him. He ran down the hallway, a huge smile on his face as he fumbled with his guitar.

"Woah, speedy? Where do you think you're taking that!?" I asked, looking over as he sat on the ground to put on his shoes. He was thirteen now...and just as energetic as ever. His messy red hair flopped about as he attempted to push it away from his eyes.

I smiled at him...he was going through his grudge phase and I couldn't be more supportive. he. wore black ripped jeans and a red t-shirt over his black lonhsleeve. "You look nice, going to see Rei?" I asked, mentioning his best friend. Mina's daughter, actually.

She got together with a supermodel around the same time Shoto and I got together. He shook his head, standing up and grabbing his guitar. He was pretty lanky, making it quite funny as he grabbed his guitar and attempted to sling it around his body. 

"Nope. Makoto, Ryo and I are gonna start a band," he said with upmost confidence. I waved him forward, to which he groaned and begrudgingly did so. I kissed his forehead, watching him dart his blue eyes away and groan once more. Like every other teen boy, he hated when I showed him any sort of over the top affection.

"Be careful getting there, and please don't break your father's guitar," I begged as he dashed out of the house. 

Shoto's eyes widened as he realized it was his guitar. "Wait! oh-" He sighed as he realized Suko was far gone. I just chuckled, kissing his cheek quickly as I gestured back to the piano.

"Hey, Koto, why don't you play me and daddy something?" I asked. She beamed wit happiness, immediately nodding. She rushed over to the piano, keeping I Can't Help Falling In Love With You in front of her as she waited for Shoto and I to watch.

My husband brightened up, listening to her botched version of the song as she sung her lungs out. I chuckled, leaning against him lovingly as he wrapped an arm around me. "I love you," he mumbled against my hair as he kissed my head. I nodded, content with the peaceful afternoon as I returned the phrase.

"I love you too, Sho."

------------------

its done omg

how did I write three chapters in a day oh my god my hands hurt

ANYWAYS!! I hope you guys enjoyed it!! ALSOOOOO

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSe3IFzXGMHYpNN1be7zLOJf2Q7JfudCuZdvykO00hQkzbFGYQ/viewform

Thats a link to a form about the other books involving U.P.A.A that will be around the same AU! Please go to my page for more info, and thank you all for reading!!